E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
.::|Active Autowerkes Stage "TrippinBimmer" 330i ZHP Supercharged Street/Show Car|::.

I am never good with surprises so I will just spill the beans...:shhh: I ordered my AA stage 2.5 kit two weeks ago. The wait is excruciating. Parts of the Kit has arrive and waiting for a few more stuff :excited:

I thought, I would create this thread to document the build.

Also when I get the kit I will have the following items up for sale:

1. aFe Stage 1 Intake Kit - E46 325i/Ci 330i/Ci - Pro5R

This aFe intake fits the following BMWs:
  • 2003-2006 E46 3 series: 325i 325ci 325xi + Wagon & Convertible models with M56 engine
  • 2001-2006 E46 3 series: 330i 330ci 330xi + Convertible
  • 2004-2006 E83 X3: X3 3.0i
2. Stett m54b30 Intake Boot (Black)
3. F1 Autohaus 325i/330i Ceramic-Metallic-Coated Headers
4. M54B30 Stock Throttle Body
5. Drop-In K&N Air Filter for Stock Intake Box.

I am excited :D I would like to Thank Viral and the AA TEAM! :thumbsup:

-TrippinBimmer

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
may i ask why you are removing your headers?

congrats and what kind of engine build are you planning on doing to support the boost? share details? :)
I am going to run BimmerBrakes New Equal Length Headers.

Not going to do anything to the motor until the summer or so. During that time, I will install Raceware HeadStud, Port and Polish, 3 Angle Valve Job the head. :)

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so your keeping internals stock with all that power? i didn't know it could handle it for any period of time longer than maybe a month.
Who told you all this? :hmm: There is plenty of members on here running the stage 2 kit. .5 is Meth added to the kit. Plus, our internals are Forged.

-TrippinBimmer

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Who's doing your head work ?
The Main Reason for Head Pull is install the RaceWare Stud. Unless, I can install without pulling it?

Some guy in Sweden :woot:

Alittle bird told me he's the best (Brady)

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
there's no info on bimmerbrakes site regarding new equal headers
I just got some interesting info today. They are not Equal Length :( but comparable to the Technik Gen 3 Headers.

LOL oh man. you're opening up pandoras box.
:evil:

Nice work man...my .5 stands for a built motor.
Hopefully, Mid-Summer I can say the same thing. But AA .5 is turning up the boost...

Awesome!! But, yours is automatic right? Going for a manual swap?
:eek: I am going to baby it for awhile until I can figure what I want. :clap: SUPER Beefed Up Step or Getrag 6 Speed.

-TrippinBimmer

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Been getting a few PM's on what I'm going to do with the tranny. Decided, I will stay Auto for now. I have been talking to IPT and Adam. Discussing my future issue with the tranny when I want about 420WHP. IPT recommend me doing a Valve Body Mod and go from there. :D

http://www.importperformancetrans.c...find-a-5l40e-transmission-shift-kit-1669.html

That is my plans atm. I will also install a temp gauge to see what temps the tranny is getting as well.

bump any updates? :D
Not yet. I am trying to figure out Color Scheme. I am going to do and some other custom stuff...

-TrippinBimmer

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Some Progress of the Kit :D

High Temp Primer (500F)

High Temp Semi-Gloss Black (500F)

Took off the Snail Part of the Charger for Prep (Semi-Gloss Black)

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just picked up a complete m3 rear end :D Was packaged and shipped today.

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Since, I am about to boost and thinking about keeping the GM Step Transmission.

I am planning on installing IPT Manual Valve Body. Also, thinking about getting a Performance Torque Converter as well.

The New Converter stall speed will need to be at least 500 RPM higher than the beginning of the powerband of your camshaft.

Anyone knows the PowerBand of the ZHP Cams? Would the PowerBand be the same when I Boost?

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
i would use stock cams for stage 2 thats furusre. i would put in some aftermarkets and leave everything else alone.
What are u talking about? Makes no sense...

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Andy - Thanks for the Graphs. Will forward it to IPT.

Here is my update for the day:

Sanding Down the Snail for a Smoother Finish

Plugged, Taped and Primed off Parts of the Charger

Painted Semi-Gloss Black (High Temp Paint)

Removed Tape

Snail is Painted as well (I Primed it but didnt take pics :* )

Tapped Removed

Test Fitment and Color Scheme :D

Edit:

Finished Pictures :D

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Nice!

So Stage 2.5 uses ZHP cams? Can't you upgrade to some FI cams, run even more boost and get more power?
No Sir. The .5 on the AA kit is Meth. My car is a ZHP. The intake cam is good for F/I but my exhaust cam could be bigger for best results.

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Sorry for the slow updates. Mid-terms been kicking my a$$ lately. Been studying alot.

Picked up the m3 rear end Tuesday at the Hub Station.

Here is some T-Bar Clamps. I bought to replace those wimpy worm gear clamps.

Also, waiting on Viral to get me some quotes on some parts I wanted. So I can get this Project Started. Looks like I might not make it to MFest. :( but we will see...

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Nice clamps, where did you get them?

These would be much easier than fussing lining up a flat head screwdriver with the slot. I could just blast them off with my air wratchet.
SiliconeIntakes is where I got the T-Bar Clamps :D

Parts are Arriving and I am starting to remove parts this Tuesday :woot:

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I was in Dallas, Tx last weekend getting some stuff done. We are back on track now :D

Today, I started to remove the intake, intake boot and shipped them off to the new owner :D

Also, some more clamps, silicone hose and air filter arrived :D

Hello! i tried to contact with IPT, but they keep silence. Could you ask them something for me, when you will contact them again?
Im going to put AA stage 2.5 into my 330 2002. And it has ZF transmission. So i wonder, what a need to buy to make it works right and do they have this parts for sale? Thank you very much!

PS: your private is full..
When, I contact IPT again. I will ask this for you. I believe it will be the same for the GM as well. Not much different. As they do have the upgrades for urs as well...

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Im in the same boat as you with my tranny, what kind of modification are you going to make to it? I have dome some research about get it forged but still undecided. Im currently running 8psi in my 323, with 275whp, my goal is 300whp, but the tranny problem is holding me back.
Tranny Upgrade and Software.

i've had my fully built ipt tranny for over 2 years now.. no issues so far, just make sure to change the fluid regularly.

performance is awesome, peace of mind is just the icing!

make sure to get some sort of tranny software, either dinan or ess, well worth it after the tranny upgrade.
Good to know :thumbup:

Only progress so far is that I Semi-Gloss Black the FMIC. :excited:

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
^^^^

Mine shows up tomorrow. I am leaving it Silver though.

How do you not have this done yet? I wouldn't be able to sleep.
I just have alot going on and so much to do to the car. Like New Catch Can Setup, Oil Filter Housing Gasket, M3 Rear End, Custom Built DriveShaft, Drain and Refill Tranny, Install New Trans Filter, Remove and Ship Valve Body, Oil & Filter Change and the list goes on and on....:banghead: Most of these are Preventive Maintience. I don't want to do it when the S/C is installed.

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Sweet, Yeah I did a lot of the same. Custom Driveshaft? Is it because of the step? I have my rear subframe and Diff, but I just had to get an M3 driveshaft. I am dragging my feet on that one. A lot of work.
It's because I will need a CV end of the shaft to mate to the M3 Rear. Since, I am doing that. I might consider a 1 piece DS. Still have alot of planning to do before i get to that point :D

-Trip

· Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
can you be more specific in the tranny, I want to reinforce mine as goos as posible maybe you can help me with some info ;)?
I will pm you with detail :)

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.