BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the topic says ...anyone who has upgraded let me know how the seat of pants dyno feels. I want headers, smaller pulley and w/a injection. I think i have gotten used to the 369whp on very stingy mustang dyno 93 octane!

Thanks!

Admin/moderators move this thread to forced induction. my bad

·
Registered
598 Posts
Like the topic says ...anyone who has upgraded let me know how the seat of pants dyno feels. I want headers, smaller pulley and w/a injection. I think i have gotten used to the 369whp on very stingy mustang dyno 93 octane!

Thanks!

Admin/moderators move this thread to forced induction. my bad
More boost always equals more fun :thumbsup:

·
Registered
598 Posts
The earlier 71trim with 70mm pulley put out 8.5psi. Just upgrade to bigger injectors smaller pulley if bucks are tight. Still a great result. I have had all the stages from 71 to 81trim blower.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
I agree, don't waste your money on the 81 trim, just ge tthe 70mm pulley, bigger injectors and you will be happy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Saintly and MSPIRED:

Thanks... that what i want to do but i could of sworn that my AA rep said i couldnt. I dont see why not. just sell me the smaller pulley gen 2. Do you guys know how much the new injectors would flow over gen 2 stage 1 kit included?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the gen 2 stage 3 ... 71 trim with 70 mm pully. I make 9.0 lbs of boost and I love it. You do need the larger blue injectors and the alpha N software. I talked to AA about the 81 trim and the only diff. is that it is not at 100% at 9.0 lbs of boost like the 71 trim. The 81 trim leaves some room so it's not working so hard. WI is def. needed at those boost levels though.

DO IT !!!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Saintly and MSPIRED:

Thanks... that what i want to do but i could of sworn that my AA rep said i couldnt. I dont see why not. just sell me the smaller pulley gen 2. Do you guys know how much the new injectors would flow over gen 2 stage 1 kit included?
Ask for the bigger injectors and Alpha n etc and jobs done.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fellas,

I feel like im getting screwed...

I bought my AA SC gen 2 stage 1 kit last winter at great price at under 8k on sale and asked my sales rep is this latest gen that you guys have. Basically, they said yes. I would have waited for Gen 3 a month later if they told me. Now in order to upgrade to gen 3 stage 2 i have to spend a little under 3k. Am i whinning too much or was it a bad time for me to purchase on my part? If i was rich wouldn't care but damn extra 1k or 2k matters to me.

After all i said and done i almost feel i should of went for the HP Freaks kits instead now and paid a few k more after all is said and done. Plus, i still have lag between shifts with no help besides the forum searches!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Fellas,

I bought my AA SC gen 2 stage 1 kit last winter at great price at under 8k on sale and asked my sales rep is this latest gen that you guys have. Basically, they said yes. I would have waited for Gen 3 a month later if they told me. Now in order to upgrade to gen 3 stage 2 i have to spend a little under 3k. Am i whinning too much or was it a bad time for me to purchase on my part? If i was rich wouldn't care but damn extra 1k or 2k matters to me.

After all i said and done i almost feel i should of went for the HP Freaks kits instead now and paid a few k more after all is said and done. Plus, i still have lag between shifts with no help besides the forum searches!
I can hook you up with a nice set of Defi gauges. Let me know because there are tons of vendors on the Evo forums that sell gauges.

Your better off spending the money on a nitrous kit.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Fellas,

Bro alot of people have upgrades to stage 3 with your same setup... 71 trim 70 mm pulley.... they all make great power... you dont really need to move up to Gen 3 hard ware... 71trim can hit 9 psi...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can hook you up with a nice set of Defi gauges. Let me know because there are tons of vendors on the Evo forums that sell gauges.

Your better off spending the money on a nitrous kit.
send me a pm of the prices i want boost, EGt or Oil Pressure. Ill get innovatives wide band myself. Thanks let me know

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bro alot of people have upgrades to stage 3 with your same setup... 71 trim 70 mm pulley.... they all make great power... you dont really need to move up to Gen 3 hard ware... 71trim can hit 9 psi...
The price was for 8 rib pulley, higher flow injectors and w/a injection and software(alpha N)

Otherwise what should order for my current set up (gen 2 stage 1) to get to 9psi?

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Ditch the injectors, they help, but not needed nor worth it for the standard 71trim/70m pulley. The newer new 81 trim is basically the same as the 71 trim you have, so don't our worry about that.

All you need is teh 8 rib pulley's, WI Injction, smaller pulley and software. Tell AA about your worries about the new kit coming out right after your purchase and i'm sure they ill wok something out for you; I was in the same exact position as you and they understood and gave me a pretty good deal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts