E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some AC SChnitzer side decals, but didn't come w/installation instructions. I know how the are to be placed on car, but don't know how to prep car, and what do do with the decals to apply.
I'm assuming I clean car well, take off wax and clay bar where decals go. Can't see how decals work, w/water or just press on. Any ideas? Thanx

·
SBBMotorwerks
534 Posts
clean the surface with rubbing alcohol. Press the decal where you would like it to be and rub the back of the paper with a wet rag......press pretty hard to make sure all corners adhere well, but not so hard that you will rip the paper or change the position of the decal...one you feel comfortable that you have pressed enough.....slowly pull back the paper and the decal should be there. Press on it a bit more with your fingers to make sure all edges are good, and then let it dry and go over later with a light wax (the alcohol will strip the wax)

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
Here is some toughts & extra info :
Using "dawn" (not sure for the corect name) soap for washing the car on the desired spot will strip the wax, and you will NOT NEED of using on any clay bar at all cuz by using it, it will remove thiny amount from the clear coat surface ......!
I don't recomend using rubbing alcohol cuz it will melt your clear coat surface making it dull -- and then you lill need the claying....
Applying on any decal work BEST with the spraying of soapy water - by that you will be able to move the decal at your desired position, till you press hard and "wipe" out the bubbles under !

ps: there is SMALL pix of my HUGE windshield decal that I did applyed the same way with the soapy water (btw the same way is for the windows and/or on clearcoats)

3C
=========
Audi A6QT
330CI
C280
T.C2.8

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
cLEAN WITH PREP-SOL OR RUBBING ALCOHOL
It will not harm anything then you can use glass cleaner but liquod soap with a little alcohol will make a great combo spray that onto the decals place it where you want it and squeege it with some type of stiff edge e.g.creidit card and wait and the peel away and the decal will stick.

I cut and install all kind of stripes and more.
I do graphix all day long
feel free to pm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts