BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, i have an E39 2000 model. I put on it AC Schnitzer TypeIII Original rims 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear. With contisport tires 245/35 and 275/30. I was just wondering if this rims would fit my other car (E46 316i sedan). Im thinking of changing the rear to 255/ 30. Will this fit the e46? or the rims are really for the e39? I really dont know. I just base my assupmtions on the magazines and websites of 3series cars. I saw many coupe and sedans, with offsets of 8.5 and 9.5 I was just thinking if i can put my e39's staggrd ACS type III's on my e46.

Hope you could hep me on this guys,

Thanks

·
Read Only
1,859 Posts
8.5 and 9.5 are not offsets, they're how wide the rims are... the offset number should be found somewhere on the rim. the e39 offset (I meant 5er in my previous post) is somewhere in the teens- twenties... e46 offset is at least +38 to fit without fear of rubbing...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thanks bro. I really didnt know that. I really dont know those offsets and stuff. Do you think if I trade my rear to for a guy with 8.5, same as my front, dyou think it will fit? Coz I know someone who drives an e39 alos with 19s ACS but his set is not stgd. 8.5 front and rear. If I trade rears, dyou think it will fit the 3er? (Still from 5er though)

·
Read Only
1,859 Posts
sorry man, you're still out of luck... it's really got nothing to do with your staggered set up, there are people here running 19x8.5 fronts with 19x10 rears on non-ms.... as I said before, it's the offset problem... simply stated, your e39 rims will stick out way too far if you install those rims on your car... the only way to fix this is 1) get a custom wide body kit or 2) sell those rims and buy a set that's made for an e46

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the info... Last question guys. if im gonna buy 19s for 3er sedan what is the largest I can go on the rear without rubbing? Im willing to roll my fenders. im using eibach pro kit.

·
Read Only
1,859 Posts
Depends upon the rim you're buying... 19x9.5 and 19x10 will fit, just make sure that the offset for those rims are at least in the mid to high 40s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts