BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will they damage the OEM side???
and can u take the ACS sides off later???

i thought the ACS is suppose to be a different piece..damn.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Hmm, never had experience with ACS ones, but virtually every aftermarket side skirt out there are not overlays, rather full side replacements? :dunno: I know RD/Hamann/Reiger are like that at least??

You will take your OEM ones off and replace with the ACS ones...As far as taking off later, I wouldn't suggest it, unless absolutely necessary!

·
Resident CF Whore
2,889 Posts
I got ACS side skirts...
I was there during the install...
The body shop said that I could either place it over the stock ones or just do a full replacement.
I did a full replacement just because it's lighter that way.
But, it didn't look weird at all as an overlay.
Your choice.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thx for the info....
i wouldn't want to install on top of my oem ...
just in case i am selling my car later..haha

thx

gmhl10 said:
I got ACS side skirts...
The body shop said that I could either place it over the stock ones or just do a full replacement.
Your choice.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I believe ACS has 2 version for their sideskirt. Do a search, I think someone has asked this before with an actual answer.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
mine add-on to the stock sideskirts... don't think you can put them on without the stock one... all the clips that mount the kit to the car are on the stock one... there are no clips or anything that would hold the ACS skirts onto the car... they are made to be stuck to the stock ones...

·
Registered
586 Posts
bimmer88 said:
mine add-on to the stock sideskirts... don't think you can put them on without the stock one... all the clips that mount the kit to the car are on the stock one... there are no clips or anything that would hold the ACS skirts onto the car... they are made to be stuck to the stock ones...
iono.. but my guess that u had a replica then?

cuz arent the real version have a beed that holds the clip?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
it does??? never knew that. Mine were already molded onto the stock sideskirts when i got them. they're real.. wouldn't the clips be too far to clip on the car then? i really doubt these can be put on w/o the original sideskirts... i could b wrong tho

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have mine installed just like bimmer88, on top of the factory skirt.

I got the impression that they were designed to go over the factory skirt, so I can't see how they could be installed without the factory skirt, but if it fits then fair enough :)

When I speak with ACS on the phone I will double check what they say :D

Stuart.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gmhl10 said:
I got ACS side skirts...
Your choice.
hey....any pic of ur side skirts??? how come everyone install thier side on the OEM and i think u are the only one that have the ACS sides installed as a replacement...

more info plz... thx

·
-not a mod-
31,652 Posts
Pretty sure mine are on top... got my installed directly by the dealer, so I KNOW they authentic..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts