E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Modded
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
John from jersey said:
with the struts...too many modded M's rollin around with the black CF one now(makes me want to sell).....u should get the silver ACS lip...would look better on silver too
Silver CF eh? Trust me...if it's really gonna be out, then I'll get this one....you know if it's gonna out for production or for that ACS show car only? :dunno:

·
Modded
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I read that too before. I even asked them to give me the press release pictures, but came back shorthanded since they are only for press or distributors. I've been emailing ACS in germany directly, and Mr. Fois, their export general manager, said that it should be out approximately in February. I haven't seen a sign of it so far yet tho...:dunno:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
BMW_M3_Power said:
I've been emailing ACS in germany directly, and Mr. Fois, their export general manager, said that it should be out approximately in February. I haven't seen a sign of it so far yet tho...:dunno:
if he said that it will be out in Feb, you can bet that it will definitely come out close to that time period. the states wont recieve it until after that. If you do want it ...my advice to you is to get placed on the waiting list.. For black ACS front the US only recieved 5 upon first shipment from ACS in Germany and those 5 were already sold months prior to US release. I gaurantee the silver will sell just as fast.

·
Modded
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, you're right. CEC wants me to put $100 deposit for this, and he guarantees I'll get the first shipment of the silver CF. The downside of this is that they don't even know the price for it. CEC is known to jack up the price of ACS items, and with this new silver cf coming up, who knows how much the price they're gonna put out...:sad:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
BMW_M3_Power said:
Yeah, you're right. CEC wants me to put $100 deposit for this, and he guarantees I'll get the first shipment of the silver CF. The downside of this is that they don't even know the price for it. CEC is known to jack up the price of ACS items, and with this new silver cf coming up, who knows how much the price they're gonna put out...:sad:
dont put the deposit thru CEC, unless you have an open account w/ them. They will rape you

Go to the vendor who u normanlly buy ur stuff from...ask him to put his store name on the list and chances are u wont get charged list price price(which is a scary $1800 w/o flippers or struts) instead the going street rate

·
Modded
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
John from jersey said:

dont put the deposit thru CEC, unless you have an open account w/ them. They will rape you

Go to the vendor who u normanlly buy ur stuff from...ask him to put his store name on the list and chances are u wont get charged list price price(which is a scary $1800 w/o flippers or struts) instead the going street rate
:werd: Thanks for the advice :thumbup:

·
Banned
942 Posts
When Crummie was installing his ACS lip, we were thinking about not installing the struts. But after a short discussion we all agreed (there were 4 of us present at the install) that it would look way better. I agree that it looks much much better with them and have seen an m3 without the struts, it was just a cf lip and it didn't look nearly as good:thumbup:

·
Modded
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
traumamc said:
When Crummie was installing his ACS lip, we were thinking about not installing the struts. But after a short discussion we all agreed (there were 4 of us present at the install) that it would look way better. I agree that it looks much much better with them and have seen an m3 without the struts, it was just a cf lip and it didn't look nearly as good:thumbup:
Thanks for the input, but you also need to drill the bumper to put in the struts...and you actually have to pay money for the struts. If it's in one package, then it's a completely different story. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.