E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a DIY on this site but it confuses me and i tried to search but didnt find anything... I was just wondering if you could just screw it on without taking screws out and then taking the trim off and then ripping the old dead pedal out etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump... I just tried to put it on today and umm yeah... the screws didnt stay inside the original dead pedal... :bawling: i hope i didnt mess it up... can anyone please help me.

Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
I installed the replica ACS Dead pedal on mine, but I believe it's exactly the same install as an origional.

Position the dead pedal in the place you want it and mark the holes with a sharpie or something.

Drill holes that are slightly smaller then the screws (remember you can always drill a bigger hole if it's not big enough).

Screw in dead pedal, be carful not to over tighten since the screws are just going into plastic.

Very simple install, takes 5 minutes max.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
All AC Schnitzer products come with pretty thorough installation instructions. I don't think a DIY would have anything worthwhile to add :dunno:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well this is my situation i already tried to drill the screws it came with into the original dead pedal... and now i have holes that are bigger then the screw so now my screws just slip out... What should i do? i wasthinking about just getting some nuts and bolts and going that way... but i dont know... any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
F0iL said:
well this is my situation i already tried to drill the screws it came with into the original dead pedal... and now i have holes that are bigger then the screw so now my screws just slip out... What should i do? i wasthinking about just getting some nuts and bolts and going that way... but i dont know... any suggestions?

Thanks
I would remove the original dead pedal and attach the ACS one while it was out of the car. Not only will this be much easier, but you'll be able to use fasteners on the back if needed. Good luck, but I don't think you'll need it. It should be very easy to fix :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
///ACS330Ci said:
I would remove the original dead pedal and attach the ACS one while it was out of the car. Not only will this be much easier, but you'll be able to use fasteners on the back if needed. Good luck, but I don't think you'll need it. It should be very easy to fix :)
yeah thats what i was thinking of doing... Ill try it and see what happens... Also by th way how in the world did u put on ur brake pedal... It is literally impossible to drill through that sucker. I was on that one pedal drilling for like 5 min. and i get this little dent... :hmm: any tips on how to make it easier?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
F0iL said:
yeah thats what i was thinking of doing... Ill try it and see what happens... Also by th way how in the world did u put on ur brake pedal... It is literally impossible to drill through that sucker. I was on that one pedal drilling for like 5 min. and i get this little dent... :hmm: any tips on how to make it easier?

Thanks
Use a good high speed drill & bit and patience :) A block of wood or something under the pedal helps too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts