BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the ACS dead pedal and i want to swap it with my m3 dead pedal. i've looked at the dead pedal DIY on the Tech part of this board but that is for installing the M3 dead pedal. do i take off the original, drill into it... ? im a bit confused and seached and didnt find much. any links or suggestions?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I believe the M3 dead pedal is the whole piece connected to the plastic on the side panel, so if you have gray interior then I'd be more than happy to swap you OEM dead pedals so you don't have to drill over the OEM dead pedal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
the M3 dead pedal is a whole piece connected the the plastic but it only connected with 4-5 plastic things, u can't just pull the ///M pedal out.

What i did was take out the whole dead pedal corner piece then turn over it and you will understand what I said about 4-5 plastic things connecting. then you cut the plastic things and the OEM dead pedal will come off (no turn around at this point) :) and now you can screw the AC dead pedal on.

Or you can see if anyone on the board wanting to swap the corner piece with you with an non ///M one, so u don't have to cut/waste it :D

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I put ///M -tech pedals on just a few weeks ago and I had the same question you did. Your existing dead pedal is on with plastic rivets...you know like things that once you pull them out they cant be used again.
1. To take it off simply put a flat head screw driver under the silver part of the dead pedal, try to get about 1-2 inches of the screw driver in, it will get easy as you break more rivets (might want to cover it with a thin rag to prevent any scratching) and pry the pedal off. You will hear/feel the rivets as you break them.

Once the pedal is off you will better understand what I am talking about. If you ever wanted to put the pedal back on, you would simply have to buy a new middle piece, the black rubber. (Once again you will see what I mean once you have it off).

2. After that just screw your pedal in. I didn't even drill mine b/c I didnt want to strip the plastic, so with a screwdriver just screw the screws in applying a fair amount of presure. Good luck.

Nick

PS-- Dont worry it wont break or bend or anything, the peadal can be put back on.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for the help, this weekend when i get some time i will try the install. let ya know how it went

1 - 6 of 6 Posts