E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are my pics (taken with my new Canon Powershot S45) of my AC Schnitzer black carbon fiber interior trim. My apologies again for my failed attempt to post my pics yesterday. :banghead:
When I saw my trim for the first time in person, it was the first time I've ever seen carbon fiber in person. For those that have never seen it in person, it looks very good. Pics don't quite do it justice. AC Schnitzer makes some great-looking carbon fiber. The pics were taken after I waxed each trim piece (as the DIY recommended) to help keep it clean. Hope you all enjoy the pics.

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Arrgh! I was trying to post more pics earlier but my damn computer froze up on me, then after I rebooted and connected to my internet (thru modem) it couldn't find e46fanatics.com (something might be wrong with my connection. So I'm in now and will post more pics but if my computer freezes up again, I'll have to post more pics on monday when I'm at work.

"Head", I don't understand why you felt it necessary to call my trim "ricey" but a majority of the users on this site have carbon fiber trim and other carbon fiber components in their car, so I guess you think everyone is guilty of having ricey stuff. Think what you want, I like it, and I guarantee you others will like it.

Anyhow here are more pics (hopefully)!

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
More pics

another pic

·
Registered
20 Posts
Whoa. What just happened, I think my posts have gone.

Oh well, I like the trim, reminds me of the Cube coming on my ZHP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ummmm, I dont know why my post (my opinion) got deleted, but I will repeat it, it looks ricey, something for a Honda, not a BMW....

with that said as long as you like it, then thats all that matters because its your car!!! Good luck man! ;)

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Another pic

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
"Before" pic (high gloss black trim)

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
"After" pic - ACS CF

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Last pic

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personally, as you can see from the "before" and "after" pics above, I feel that with the OEM aluminum gearshift, aluminum ebrake, and the aluminum foot pedals, the black ACS CF trim really looks good with them (probably more so than my old trim - the high gloss black).
I still don't understand why my CF trim should be interpreted as "ricey". Everyone mods their cars to their own personal tastes. As someone above stated how this type of trim "belongs in a Honda, not a BMW" I disagree. It all comes down to personal tastes. Besides, I thought BMW makes CF trim for the M3 (I might be wrong), and the black aluminum cube trim looks like carbon fiber trim (even though it's not carbon fiber). Oh well, I'm not here to please everyone, only to show those of you who do like carbon fiber trim how cool my trim looks. Enjoy! :thumbup:

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
///M3Matt said:
looks good.....I would have done the silver CF trim.
Yeah, I liked the ACS silver CF trim, but I'm more partial to the black CF trim, plus I don't know anyone else on this board who had the black ACS CF trim (except maybe one guy - forget his name - who drives a really sweet E46 M3). Besides I didn't want to compete with NickACS and Clem who have the ACS silver trim. :D

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
truwon said:
so when are you supposed to get the new shoes?
It should be delivered to me in about 5 weeks. I only bought the rims and will wait to buy tires until after the wheels arrive. From now on I'll use my current 16" wheels and tires during the wintertime and use my Lowenharts the remainder of the year. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts