E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
BABY BANGBUS
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Am Sooooo Fucked!

JUst found out today I am so screwed....! My suspension has made my rear end crack and now my car makes this clunkling noise. Anyways, it will cost me a SHIT load of money to fix this problem. ALL BECAUSE I SHOULD'VE CHANGED MY DAMN SUSPENSIONS WHEN I CHANGED THE SRPINGS! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am soooo pissed.

·
Registered
473 Posts
hey

I feel sorry for you but can you tell me what exactly is broken? What springs were u using? I really would like to know more cause I just got my springs and am about to put them on early next week and I want to know everything before hand.
Let me know.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Re: I Am Sooooo Fucked!

ACS3 A.R.T said:
JUst found out today I am so screwed....! My suspension has made my rear end crack and now my car makes this clunkling noise. Anyways, it will cost me a SHIT load of money to fix this problem. ALL BECAUSE I SHOULD'VE CHANGED MY DAMN SUSPENSIONS WHEN I CHANGED THE SRPINGS! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am soooo pissed.
Probably your rear shock mounts...change em out, like $150

·
BABY BANGBUS
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

yea, I think its called the sub frame. Its the part where they have to take out everything from your rear end and then weld back on the part. The reason why this happened to me is because I just just the HnR Race springs and I didn't put on the Bilstein sport Shocks for a REALLY long time. Well, I actually JUST got my sport shocks but THIS fucking shit already happened! SO!! BEWARE!!! Dun use springs with your stock sport shocks for too long. When this happens, you will want to kill yourself.
IF not done under warranty, this will cost you around $15,000 to $20,000 in labour. The part itself is hella cheap.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
when I put eibach springs on my 00 it had the same problem and I put diffrent shocks on lowering ones and it still suxed, finally I just switched to the ground control coilovers and had a real smooth ride!

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,186 Posts
damn now im scared. i was thinking about getting H&R 29484's for my coupe or the ground control coils with out the shocks. I don't want to damage my frame. sorry to hear about what happened. how many miles were did u have them on for.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Re: ...

ACS3 A.R.T said:
yea, I think its called the sub frame. Its the part where they have to take out everything from your rear end and then weld back on the part. The reason why this happened to me is because I just just the HnR Race springs and I didn't put on the Bilstein sport Shocks for a REALLY long time. Well, I actually JUST got my sport shocks but THIS fucking shit already happened! SO!! BEWARE!!! Dun use springs with your stock sport shocks for too long. When this happens, you will want to kill yourself.
IF not done under warranty, this will cost you around $15,000 to $20,000 in labour. The part itself is hella cheap.
Bro $15k-$20k labor?? Are you nuts?? There is NO way labor costs that much. Your dealership is feeding you major bullshit. I was going to get a custom rear subframe/crossmember machined for under $1k, and was quoted easily under 1k to swap out subframes. I don't see it costing anymore than $2k....you should do some research before your dealership makes you bend over!!
Good luck!

·
BABY BANGBUS
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BGReddy00

SO did you sell the 2000? Did u have to go through all that stuff like what I am about to go through?

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,186 Posts
do you guys think i will be ok with ground control coils, w/o shocks? this post scared me. i want to drop my car but do not have enough money to upgrade shocks.

·
BABY BANGBUS
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AMir

Hey there....I didn't think it would cost that much either. So what I am talking about right now, the thing that is bent or broken. IS that my 'subframe' for sure? All I know is that he looked at my car from behind with a torch light. Around where the exhaust is....and then told me its gonna be a big operation and showed me a car which had the same problem with everything stripped.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
take out your sprigns and put the old ones back in haha i guess its too late tho

·
BABY BANGBUS
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
learthworml

That was my exact problem in the begining. I got the HnR springs first....then I thought I would wait till I had the money for shocks.....when I finally had the money for shocks, it was too late. But if you get coilovers.....u are fine! If you just get springs, make sure u put on the Bilsteins within 3 months. Thats what I believe the time is.

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,186 Posts
did he say what happened? or what caused it? a lot of people run race springs with stock shocks. how many miles did u drive it? maybe you were driving on blown shocks.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Re: AMir

ACS3 A.R.T said:
Hey there....I didn't think it would cost that much either. So what I am talking about right now, the thing that is bent or broken. IS that my 'subframe' for sure? All I know is that he looked at my car from behind with a torch light. Around where the exhaust is....and then told me its gonna be a big operation and showed me a car which had the same problem with everything stripped.
Hey bro, anyway you can get us some pictures from under there?? Would make it easier for us to evaluate your problem!! Hopefully we can help you save some money from your $tealer

·
BABY BANGBUS
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my shocks aren't blown. He just said that all the weight of the car isn't being absorbed by the stock shocks because they dun have enough room to bounce after lowered springs. So insted, all the weight has been transferred to that part in the rear end causing it to break off/bend.
I think I have been driving in my stock shocks for too long. Over 3 months.

·
BABY BANGBUS
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
amir

Thanks man. I will get pics up as soon as I can. I have a digi cam at home so I can take pics pretty soon. Hope u guys can all help me what this fucking BS is all about and I appreciate all your input and help.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts