E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi....

if u got into a car accident and its not your mistakes but its his mistake....then what should i do?

ask him to pay or get the insurance to pay?

and how do you get the person to pay?

sorry for the newbie questiobn,,,,its just that i have never been in accident beforoe

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ic

what bout if the accident is very minor?i mean small damage ,....is there anyway i can settle it without involving the isnrucane?
i mean i dont want the insuracne rates to go up....

·
wah wah wah
2,618 Posts
vodc4 said:
ic

what bout if the accident is very minor?i mean small damage ,....is there anyway i can settle it without involving the isnrucane?
i mean i dont want the insuracne rates to go up....
ask him how he wants to deal with it :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

tell him to give u cash:thumbup:

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
how bad is the damage? you call your insurance company and they should deal with his/hers.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mfspolo said:

ask him how he wants to deal with it :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

tell him to give u cash:thumbup:
thanks
it really helps

so basically what u need to do is just ask the person to give cash(estimate) right on the scene?

if he doesnt want to pay cash and want to let their insurance pay for it, then will there be a record on my insurcanE?

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
5,390 Posts
Your insurance will handle everything and if its not your fault at all, you wont get any points also.

Good Luck.

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
vodc4 said:

thanks
it really helps

so basically what u need to do is just ask the person to give cash(estimate) right on the scene?

if he doesnt want to pay cash and want to let their insurance pay for it, then will there be a record on my insurcanE?
anyone who writes or accepts a check on the scene of an accident is dumb. how could anyone be sure of the accuracy of the estimate?

it shouldn't affect your insurance rate if its not your fault as you stated

·
hammer talks like this
3,967 Posts
i would get a police report even if it was small. cause a lot of times ppl say they will pay you cash and they even give you their insurance info, but they can still chance the story around later on and you wont get jack to fix the damage... this has happened to two of my friends.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bender said:
i would get a police report even if it was small. cause a lot of times ppl say they will pay you cash and they even give you their insurance info, but they can still chance the story around later on and you wont get jack to fix the damage... this has happened to two of my friends.
is there anyway to prove it that it isnt my mistake?i mean how can you prove it? and what if the other person say that it is my mistake....:dunno:

·
hammer talks like this
3,967 Posts
iono, when i got into my accidents, it wasnt my fault either time... one because the lady hit my car when it was parked, second time, the guy was doing a u turn in the middle of on-coming traffic...

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,390 Posts
go t o a body shop get an overpriced estimate ..tell him to pay..
was sme one in ur car?? witness maybe..?

·
Registered
207 Posts
get the guy's insurance info, liscense, tags, address, blood type etc.:) get police report, go to a body shop get estimate in writing, give the guy the option of paying certified check, cash, fried chicken whatever u want to use as $$ for the estimated damage. If he says no contact his insurance but not yours. If the accident is minor and u can drive it then u dont need to contact your own because even tho this isnt your fault it will stay on your record and enough not at fault accidents will put u ina high risk driver bracket with them. If the damge is major u need to report it to them if u dont have the $$ to fork up to the body shop for the repairs because the way it works is that u or your insurance pays first and then u will get reimbursed by the at fault driver's insurance but this can sometimes take time. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts