BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Got a rather out of the blue question for you.

Ever since I installed my ccfl angel I notice they stay on for different increments of time. Usually they stat on for 2-10 sec after car is turned off. Sometimes tho they can stay on for 10min!

Why is that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys,
Got a rather out of the blue question for you.

Ever since I installed my ccfl angel I notice they stay on for different increments of time. Usually they stat on for 2-10 sec after car is turned off. Sometimes tho they can stay on for 10min!

Why is that?
Mine have done this as well for the past 3yrs or so. There is something that stays running after the car is shut off, I have never really investigated as to what it is though. I figured it was normal behaviour as when I disconnected the ccfl's I could still hear something run for random periods of time after the engine was shut off, usually just a few seconds but sometimes up to a minute or two.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See I know when mine turns off because I hear a click sound.. Almost like the Disa valve releasing. Usually like I previously posted, it only stays for 10-15 sec.

Maybe this is coincidental but if the light switch is on Auto it stays in longer.

Last night for example, I drove 50mi and when I shut off the car with the light switch on auto and they stayed on for 10min. When I drive at night I usually switch the lights on myself, and when I turn the car off and the switch is on O (off) i never have had them stay on longer then a couple seconds.

·
Registered
366 Posts
its normal. the car is running diagnostics every once in a while after the car has been turned off and it maintains power to the same circuit the angel eyes are tapped into while it does this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts