BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Before I bagged on for not searching various for the forums, I can attest that i did search the internet and have not found anything that fits my specific problem to a tee. (possibly I am just misunderstanding what someone else wrote) Any help would be greatly appreciated

'00 323ci Manual

I start my car everything works/starts fine even in the cold (idle is perfectly fine) however when I start driving the car jolts back and forth and the car accelerate for about 500rpm then cutoff then accelerates for another 500rpm and cuts off again. Its more noticeable on the lower gears. But after driving around my block the car accelerates and runs fine. Sometime when driving on the highway it appears that the car accelerates in two stage first somewhat sluggish and then after 3k rpm normally (I've been driving a different car so possibly its just that the butt dyno was re-calibrated incorrectly)

One more thing occurred about week ago i was sitting in the car while it was idling for a longer period of time, suddenly the rpm started to fluctuate to the point where the car felt like it was going to stall any minute. The codes showed fuel, misfire, and o2 sensor codes.

However after reset the only codes present where o2 code (the car has miscalculated o2 sims on it and I am waiting for a hoist the install the new cats and new o2 sensors )

I'm not sure if this is just a series of individual unfortunate events or if they are all connected in some way.

Thank you for any help/advice in advance and if you may need any info i will gladly add that info :)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Sounds like a classic vacuum leak.

However, fuel pump and O2 sensors may be contributing also.

Read Jfoj's links.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

1 - 2 of 2 Posts