E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BMW 330ci (stock)
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this an aftermarket part? I ordered a service port black cover and it is a tad too small to cover this but it fits the one closer to the windshield. Also, is there something that is supposed to go in that indent area of the windshield fluid reservoir?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Carbon

·
Registered
403 Posts
One is high-pressure and one is low pressure. Smaller one is high pressure, which runs to the expansion valve then to the evaporator. Larger one is low pressure which will return to the compressor. You can just reference the number you ordered and just order the other one for that low pressure fitting at the front of the car.

The indent on the reservoir is there for a second washer pump. You would only have this with the headlight washers or for the rear windscreen washer on a touring model.

·
Registered
2001 BMW 330ci (stock)
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the part I bought that fits the high pressure one that is closer to the cabin air filter: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/air-conditioning-line-cap-single/64538387437/

I cannot find any other line cap on the site, but I did find part number 64538387438

I guess I should have bought from fcpeuro since they had both. Oh well. Thanks for the help all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts