BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all AC Schnitzer Fanatics this question is for you....As of now, schnitzer have made different signiture vehicles for the 3 series, this is what i came up with:

ACS3
ACS3 3.2
S3
S3 3.2
S3 Sport

Now besides the 3.2 badges (3.2 is the engine conversion), what do the other ones mean? What makes a 3 series into an ACS3 or a S3? Ive always wanted to know this but all the people ive asked didnt know.

~Andy

·
-not a mod-
31,408 Posts
My guess would be as the BMW M3, once "S"chnitzerfied it becomes the S3, any other thoughts?

·
Watch Fanatic
532 Posts
DAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN woobie, that signature is TIGHT!!!!!!!

Wanna talk me into getting the ACS addon all around on my car? Samir has one on hold for me at Renn-Sport, but I can't really justify spending 1/4 of my bank account on it...:dunno:

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,106 Posts
Spencer325ci said:
DAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN woobie, that signature is TIGHT!!!!!!!

Wanna talk me into getting the ACS addon all around on my car? Samir has one on hold for me at Renn-Sport, but I can't really justify spending 1/4 of my bank account on it...:dunno:
Go 4 it man... and lower that bad boy while your at it!!! :thumbup:

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
do it, and spend another 1/4 on some coils :D

too bad if i splurged 1/4 of my bank account, i might be able to pick up some SPP bulbs or something :lmao:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Spencer325ci!

yeah man go for it! you cant go wrong with schnitzer stuff. but i also do recommend lowering it first; lowering springs def wont break your bank.

....so no one here knows of the question stated above? i have an assumption that the 'S3 Sport' is a "Schnitzerfied" M3

·
Watch Fanatic
532 Posts
Lower it too? I know it would probably make the car look better, however one of my main concersn with getting the kit, is it will be too low and will chip/rub on bumps/low curbs. Lowering the car will only make it that much worse.

Renn-Sport has the whole addon kit for like $1500. I know lowering/springs have been discussed here to DEATH, but what would you guys suggest as far as staying pretty cheap and not drastically changing the cars ride.:dunno:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have H&R Race drops and I do not find myself held back with ground clearance at all. I make it over speed bumps and everything fine. The ride is much sportier(firmer) but I love it that way. I would agree with woobiee that H&R sports are probably your best bet. They have a silky smooth ride closer to stock and handling is much improved considering.

·
Watch Fanatic
532 Posts
How much of a drop do H&R Sport springs have? What about the cupkit?

·
Registered
314 Posts
im trying to get a similiar answer

where can i get H&R sport springs

i just want to lower my car a little

what about the cupkit too?

·
Watch Fanatic
532 Posts
Assuming I do get the springs I will NO DOUBT go through renn-sport.net. Samir and renn-sport kick a$$ price and customer serive wise.

As far as what to get...not sure. Isn't the cupkit all you need in one, hence cupKIT?

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
i would drop your car first

put the acs kit on later if you like. car will look alot better if it is drop compared to the acs kit on your car in my opion..........
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts