E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 330xi Auto, 2006 330ci Vert Auto
1,666 Posts
Just spoke to the guy at my BMW garage and sent him some YouTube videos and excerpts from E46 Fanatics including the name of the product that had a 75% success rate. He agreed that I have nothing to lose by trying. I would describe my leak as quite slow. The last charge lasted from May 2 to ca. June 15 (6 weeks). He said that, even with a waiver, its against shop policy to use sealers on A/C systems. He recommended that I wait until the A/C gets warm again (they did recharge it at no cost - wow!) and then use the freon with sealer. My wife, aka, the Saint. just said, "Look, you've wanted this car all your life. You just joined the Convertible Car Club. Spend the money and have it done right." I'm more blessed than I deserve. Heading to pick the car up now. It should be fine for my brother's visit next week. And when it fails, I'll use the sealer and see what happens. Thanks again for all the great responses.
Since no one asked, I will :). Are you a DIY'er or do you always use a shop? The answer affects the recommendations that you would get on this forum.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts