E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to start my car the other day and noticed that the ABS light was on. At first, I thought it might have been related to the steering wheel angle sensor, since the DSC was already not working. Today, I moved the car to get another out of the garage when I noticed some wiring laying near where the passenger side tire normally sits, along with some strange black marks.

As one would, I thought it was weird and looked into it. Upon further inspection, I found that a wire behind the front passenger wheel was completely chewed through. Does anyone know what that wire is? I think it might be the ABS wheel speed sensor, but I'm not entirely sure and don't want to go spend money on something I don't need.

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
11,388 Posts
Yes it's the wires for the speed sensor.

Either you have a hungry rodent or you have wrong size tires/rims rubbing?
Looks like a rodent to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's the wires for the speed sensor.

Either you have a hungry rodent or you have wrong size tires/rims rubbing?
Looks like a rodent to me.
Thanks for clarifying. I would guess it was a rodent of some sort too. It did it overnight while a storm blew over. Looking for shelter maybe?

How hard would it be to fix it?

Would one of these work? Or should I go with a higher price one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
11,388 Posts
The connection is inside the box. His wires are chewed from the module into the box. Right after they pass from under the hood to the wheel well.
The part you need is called wire. Also some heat shrink tubing to go along with it.

It will be a PITA but ultimately worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.