E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 325xi Touring
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I successfully replaced a front driver side wheel bearing yesterday and about 10 miles into my triumphant test drive three yellow warning lights on the dash lit up with a beep – CIRCLE/TRIANGLE/! + BRAKE + ABS (see attached pic)

What’s going on?

I’ve searched the forum and my head is spinning there’s so many angles – kind of embarrassed to not figure it out from so much helpful previously posted info – but mine must somehow be connected with my doing my bearing replacement.

Also, does the car drive differently when the ABS light is on? Does it feel like it kind of “slips” when I accelerate? What’s happening?

This sensation may be ENTIRELY in my hyper-sensitized imagination though, dunno.

(And while I’m at it, does pressing that dinky little DSC Dynamic Stability Control button actually alter something mechanically within the car?)

Thanks for help!

(Btw, the airbag light is on from when I replaced my driver window regulator last week. Not sure how to make it turn off. Separate issue.)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
You need to get bmw specific scanner or diagnostic software to read abs/dsc codes and also to clear the airbag fault.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,712 Posts
You need to get bmw specific scanner or diagnostic software to read abs/dsc codes and also to clear the airbag fault.
^^^This. Follow this guide.
Most likely those “ABS trifecta” lights are on because the steering angle calibration is now off after your recent suspension work.
It could also be a wheel speed sensor, or something else. You need the software to find out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts