E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m hoping to get some answers from all you smart folks, as I am pretty confused. As the title already hints, I am trying to figure out my ABS/DSC problem on a 2002 BMW 325xi with 145K miles. I am suck with this code, and completely confused on what it may mean.
2F: “Dynamic Stability Control (DSC): outlet valve, left rear”

Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Computer Personal computer Product Rectangle Gadget

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your input!

I was getting a completely different error/code before the brake fluid flush.
“5C Dynamic Stability Control (DSC): pressure sensor test”

Fluid was extremely bad, with white chunks of deposits in the reservoir. Had to take everything apart and clean the master cylinder, pre-charge pump, and so on.

Speed sensors seem to work fine as I see them on the scanner registering the speed until I lose communication with the ABS Module. Not sure why I can’t read any Live Data over 20mph.

Just ordered a donor module with the metal valves/pump from eBay, matching part numbers on both units. Do you think I would need to code the module, or it would be plug and play?

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good stuff guy! I appreciate everyone taking the time to chip in, help with the issue. Keep it coming, it’s very helpful!

I have a donor module and hydraulic pump coming very so. Not sure what year car it came off of, but it is matching part numbers on both units and supposedly in good working condition. My Autel can bleed the hydraulic unit and can calibrate the necessary sensors. However, I can’t do coding with it. Would have to do a little more search on the two programs mentioned above to take care of that.

By the way, I did buy a used module a while back and had a local guy code it to my vin. Still had the same code regarding the pressure sensor test. That’s when I decided to look into flushing the fluid, and realized how bad it was.

Thank you for all your helpful posts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts