BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
I just joined the e46 fanatics community!
We just replaced the coolant expansion tank and temperature gauge on my 2005 325xi after the tank cracked and lost all it's coolant on the side of the highway. We were on the side of the road for a while and must have run the battery low with the hazard lights flashing while waiting for the tow truck. We weren't able to take a look at the car until about 7 days later and the battery was dead. Long story short, we jumped the car and replaced the expansion tank and gauge. Now the dash shows three yellow lights: ABS, DSC, and Brake light are on. Any ideas why and how to reset or turn them off? The car feels and runs normal on dry roads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Start the car and let run for about 3 minutes. Then put into drive with foot on the brake for about 30 seconds. Drive off. Lights should go out.

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Every time mine has a low battery or charging system issues and those lights come on a short drive and a restart take care of them. Had the battery out for a day and when put it back in yesterday those lights went off after about 20 feet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jmo69, that is interesting... I have driven it 5 or 6 times since and those lights are still on. Do you think if I unplug the battery and re plug it in, it will fix it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did disconnecting the battery solve your issue? I have the same lights though mine seems to have an idle/throttle problem as well. Think my battery might be going bad...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took a volt meter to the battery and the reading was mediocre, so I replaced the battery and the lights turned off! It was definitely just letting me know that the battery was going bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts