BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wish I could get one of these 'easy fixes'.My ASC and ABS were on when I bought the car.Now ,after I drive a mile or so,my red brake light comes on.All new pads,rotor,fluid flushed,ABS sensors,etc... I am starting to suspect the module.I couldn't care less about the ABS or ASC,but when the brake light is lit..No cruise control!! I am patiently(2 weeks and counting) for my diagnostic software to get here from XCar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The issue of the ABS/DSC/Brake indicators occurs in my car when is cold and after rain. Once the car warms up and I shut it off and I retart the car the Brake light goes off and only the ABS/DSC (yellow) remain and once the car is moving they go off. I had the brake system flushed and that did not fix the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a good example of how speed sensor issues may not be speed sensors themselves. Recently had the dsc and brake lights on as well. Started out as an intermittent issue, eventually on all the time. Also picked up a vibration. Jacked it up and found a bad lower ball joint. Ordered in the control arm assembly (complete with both joints and the bushing for 199),and installed yesterday. After @30 minutes of driving,lights went out. Just thought I'd share so that people with these issues start thinking of other failures that could affect sensors out at the wheels and cause them to report failures. Good luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Guys...

I wanted to see if someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction. In short, I'm looking for a qualified person (not necessarily a BMW mechanic) that can help me with an ongoing ABS issue that I'm having.

Issue: I have a 2001 330 CI convertible with 72,000 miles on it and the ABS/DSC and Brake light and Service Engine Soon are lit up in the dashboard. In addition this speedometer is also not working. I am an ex Ford mechanic myself and have tried the following based on the information I read on the site. I have already replaced the left rear speed sensor with an OEM and that did not resolve the problem. I told the car to "two" local places to have it looked at and they seem to think it's an ABS module that is causing the problem. They told me is a dealer only repair because they have to program in the VIN number or something to that effect. They both had the car for well over two weeks (4 weeks total) and is still not resolved. Aside from that, the car runs fine other than the lights.

Having said that, I'm looking for someone who has the knowledge and tools (BWM tools, meters if needed) on how to troubleshoot this issue and get it resolved. I have no problems paying a fair price, I just wanted to get if fixed the first time, the right way and be over with. At this point I'm not looking to do any further troubleshooting myself since I'm out of my league. I simply just want to get it resolved once and for all.

For those who may be interested in helping a brother out and getting paid for it, please reach out to me on the side... I'm located in the suburbs of Philadelphia in the Bucks County and Montgomery County area... thanks again for your time, Rick...!!

PS: Happy New Year to Everyone..!!

·
// Quandt AG (Retired) //
3,700 Posts
Posted some info for you in your other thread about scanning the codes and repairing yourself. All the diagnostic tools will cost about $50 total ($30 for BMW Scanner 1.4.x and $20 for the EDIABAS INPA cable) this will permit you to find out exactly what is wrong and if you need to swap in a used donor ABS module, you will be able to code it your car. You will still have to find a suitable donor ABS module - Should be had for another $50-60.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1094286

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my BMW Z4 E86 3.0si coupe 07.

It started about month ago, I was driving in rain and suddenly DSC, ABS and yellow parking brake light went on with beep. But when I was driving home at evening the lights go off. They appeared again after few days when it was raining too.

Since that time it occcured more and more often. Now, it's just nearly all the time.

Yesterday I plugged in BMW scanner and these are what I got.

Errrors (BMW scanner):

DME
2DCC [11724] - Message from ASC/DSC missing, ASC1 (not present)
2DCD [11725] - Message from ASC/DSC missing, ASC1 (not present)
2DCE [11726] - Message from ASC/DSC missing, ASC1 (not present)

ABS
5DF0 [24048] - Pump unit faulty (present)
5DF1 [24048] - Error number 5DF1 (present)

IKE
F5 [245] - No CAN message (ASC1) (not present)
F9 [249] - No CAN message (ASC3) (not present)

LEW
09 [009] - No CAN message (ASC) (present)
0C [012] - CAN-Bus off (present)
¨

Errors (INPA) today

LWE
F9 - not an ASC2-message (not present)
F12 - CAN-Bus Off (not present)

ABS / DSC
5DF0 - Pumpenmotor
5DF1

I've checked Steering Angle Sensor and Wheel speed sensors through live data of INPA and they seems to work correctly. \

Battery and brake fluid is ok.

I'm thinking about electric motor on DSC unit. Any other ideas?

Found some video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmCe98MZ-Yw

I would appreciate any ideas before buying that really expensive ABS module..._nr_

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my BMW Z4 E86 3.0si coupe 07.

It started about month ago, I was driving in rain and suddenly DSC, ABS and yellow parking brake light went on with beep. But when I was driving home at evening the lights go off. They appeared again after few days when it was raining too.

Since that time it occcured more and more often. Now, it's just nearly all the time.

Yesterday I plugged in BMW scanner and these are what I got.

Errrors (BMW scanner):

DME
2DCC [11724] - Message from ASC/DSC missing, ASC1 (not present)
2DCD [11725] - Message from ASC/DSC missing, ASC1 (not present)
2DCE [11726] - Message from ASC/DSC missing, ASC1 (not present)

ABS
5DF0 [24048] - Pump unit faulty (present)
5DF1 [24048] - Error number 5DF1 (present)

IKE
F5 [245] - No CAN message (ASC1) (not present)
F9 [249] - No CAN message (ASC3) (not present)

LEW
09 [009] - No CAN message (ASC) (present)
0C [012] - CAN-Bus off (present)
¨

Errors (INPA) today

LWE
F9 - not an ASC2-message (not present)
F12 - CAN-Bus Off (not present)

ABS / DSC
5DF0 - Pumpenmotor
5DF1

I've checked Steering Angle Sensor and Wheel speed sensors through live data of INPA and they seems to work correctly. \

Battery and brake fluid is ok.

I'm thinking about electric motor on DSC unit. Any other ideas?

Found some video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmCe98MZ-Yw

I would appreciate any ideas before buying that really expensive ABS module..._nr_

·
Registered
319 Posts
The abs + asc + brake light on my car start intermittently, many times at low speed or on startup. Generally after a shut down and restart I have asc + abs and after a bunch of meters, all goes off.

Pa soft says on shadow memory is a wheel sensor on the rear.
ABS -> 41/00 - Wheel speed sensor rear right trigger signal
Maybe starting to fail, I suppose. I never worried a lot about it because a stop&start generally solves it but maybe next time I have wheels of I'll change it. Reading there I'm not sure cleaning can solve that issue, because who says 'i solved it' only talks after not too much time.

For example: on my car it happened 4/5 times in two days, then nothing for 4 months, then again for 2/3 days and for months all OK. so I think their fix maybe isn't a solution... But only a short time 'placebo'.

Someone that can say, for example, ''2 years after cleaning, no errors''? That's a good time interval to judge, I think.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts