BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ContiSportContacts on my 04 330 Ci with a Sport pacakge, hence using 225/45ZR17 on fronts and 245/40ZR17 on rear. Dealer told me, after I complained about louder road noise, that my rear tires had worn down to about 3/32 and it was time to replace. Fronts look fine.

So, my questions are:

Do I have to replace rears with same make and type? If so, then I thought another set of ContiSportContacts on the rear until the front go and then trade out to another brand. Or, do I have that option now.

Tire guy down the street said it might screw with my DSC if I put diff. tires on the rear. Sounded kinda fishy to me. More like he wanted to sell 4 tires instead of 2.

Lastly, what do you recommend that is toward (we get some snow in DC, but not enough to warrant going all out with another set of tires/rims) an All Season but also has good grip and is quiet.

·
Registered
25,535 Posts
That guy at the tire place is giving you so much bull. It won't do anything. It also doesn't really hurt to run diff. make and type if you really want to just replace your rears.

For a good tire that's all-season, but still performs will, look into the Bridgestone Potenza RE960.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts