BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching, 0w40 will be the best oil to go with, better than 5w30 and 0w30. Also stock BMW oil is 5W40 which Mobil doesn't make so I don't know why they recommend 5w30 other than its fuel conserving oil. The additives and composition of 0W40 has better antiwear characteristics and is stock in AMG Mercedes and Porsche. The 0W40 is Mobil 1's European formula and meets BMW standards.

I'm ordering here, they are running a special for $4.95 and only $3.50 shipping!

http://store.yahoo.com/parkplacemotorcars/redlinprod.html

Benefits of Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ 0W-40:

Is recommended for European vehicles (especially newer models).
Offers outstanding protection for high-tech, multi-valve engines.
Protects engines in situations where conventional motor oils may break down.
Meets the engine performance specifications of European automakers, including Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and BMW.
Exceeds API SL/CF
Exceeds ACEA A3/B3/B4-02.
Exceeds Mercedes-Benz 229.3 specification.
Exceeds GM Long Life engine oil specification GM-LL-A-025 for Opel and Saab gasoline engines and GM-LL-B-025 for diesel engines.

Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ 0W-40 is factory fill in all Porsche, Mercedes-Benz AMG and Aston Martin vehicles. In addition, Mercedes-Benz approves Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ 0W-40 for all its 1998 and newer cars.

Applications:
Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ 0W-40 is designed for normally aspirated and turbocharged gasoline engines and light-duty diesel engines. Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ 0W-40 provides maximum protection, even during extended-use driving. This formulation is specifically designed for European vehicles that recommend this viscosity grade.

New: Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ 0W-40 is now available at AutoZone stores nationwide.

* Follow the viscosity grade and API service category
recommendations in your vehicle owner's manual.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ordered 14 bottles of the 0w40.

It only costs $3.50 shipping for the entire order, I was surpised plus I can't find 0w40 in my area anywhere and the price is right. The Mobil gas stations you think you would get a discount on oil but they charge more than most places.

·
Steelblue Zim Zimma
601 Posts
HUMMMMM...I may have to go with this....going to rack up some filters also from the dealer..they are cheap over here in Spain ..Like $4.00 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts