E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I've been reading up on horror stories with tow truck drivers and their negligence! I am going to request a flat bed, but does anyone know what part of the car is safe to hook the strap downs/hooks onto?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lol, my friend just towed his mazda to the dyno, and the monkey driver strapped down threw his control arms and tie rods, all the camber/caster/toe is PHUKEDm GL with those idiots.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea all of the threads I read were about tow truck drivers tightening the car down from the control arms or front subframe shield and damaging it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Thanks. The major reason of concern for me is where they're supposed to strap down the car from. I'm reading around the site and the majority is saying that the tow truck driver should strap it down from the wheels and not anywhere else!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yea tow hook would do the trick, but i think theirs only one in the emerg kit in the car.... most tow monkies want liek 1000000 points to strap down on, they must think the BWM will just fly off, regardless of the wench...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts