E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found me another coupe I really want for what I think is a great price, but it doesn't run(or run right) thanks to all of these codes...

PO313-Misfire detected w/low fuel
P1343 System control ignition mis-fire cylinder 1
P1083 Fuel Control Mixture Lean
P1085 Fuel Control Mixture Lean
P1501 Idle Speed Control Valve Stuck Closed
P0171 Fuel System Too Lean
P0174 Fuel System Too Lean
P0456 small leak in the EVAC system
P0128 Low Coolant Temp

Most of it sounds to me like it could be the same problem triggering most of those codes, any ideas before I buy this thing?
The car has 96,000 miles and looks real clean.
Any advice is welcome!
Thanks,

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
It's hard to say, but the first seven look like seven different ways to say tomato, tomahto. Well, the Idle Speed Control might not be a variant of tomato, tomahto, but the rest of the first seven certainly appear to be the same thing six different ways.

Lean means there is a vacuum leak on the intake someplace.

Can you clear the codes and wait to see what comes up again later?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He was able to pull the codes but he did not try to clear them. I'll ask him more about the history of the car tonight. I'm supposed to go see it and maybe pick it up tomorrow. I'm just assuming I could fix it for a couple grand, hoping it was just a vacuum leak like jdstrickland mentioned.
It's a 2001 330CI with 96,000 miles, sorry but that's about all I know so far.
$3500 for one that looks as clean as this one sounds like a deal to me but I've never had any problems with my old coupe.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I found me another coupe I really want for what I think is a great price, but it doesn't run(or run right) thanks to all of these codes...

PO313-Misfire detected w/low fuel
P1343 System control ignition mis-fire cylinder 1
P1083 Fuel Control Mixture Lean
P1085 Fuel Control Mixture Lean
P1501 Idle Speed Control Valve Stuck Closed
P0171 Fuel System Too Lean
P0174 Fuel System Too Lean
P0456 small leak in the EVAC system
P0128 Low Coolant Temp

Most of it sounds to me like it could be the same problem triggering most of those codes, any ideas before I buy this thing?
The car has 96,000 miles and looks real clean.
Any advice is welcome!
Thanks,
Looks like someone ran it out of gas and the dme stored the fault codes. Without putting my hands on the car this is just a guess. I would recommend getting ppi before you purchase it. How does it run when it's cold and you first start it? Sorry, just read it doesn't run. It needs to have the idle controll valve cleaned out and working properly.

·
Registered
727 Posts
There comes a time where the car is priced so low, you don't even worry about a PPI... you just assume the worst. Is this the case?? Is it a $2000 330Ci?? What is the price?

·
Premium Member
28,893 Posts
Suggest you read the first link in my signature below.

If it was me, I would replace the lower CCV oil return hose that connects to the dipstick. probably replace the thermostat, change the fuel pump, filter and relay, change spark plugs and then drive it as it should be driven.

Then plan on replacing most of the underhood rubber hoses and cooling system overhaul.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
For that price, it is probably worth it. If you are already planning to spend a couple grand getting it right, then you seem to have a realistic view of things. Hell, if you don't take it, Pam me, and I will, for $3500. I am serious. I can be in Dallas next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.