E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys got the nice kit from aa all fited and mapped! Problem is expected results are around 345bhp and i think I'm literally under 280bhp! I know i need to get her on the dyno but i know for a fact I'm way down on power!

Only issue i know of which may be causing problems are my injectors are 36lb 400cc instead of the smaller 315cc 30lb prescribed with the kit meaning it will be running rich?

If i fit a smaller pully like 90mm from 95mm will this lean things up and increase booste lower down I'n the rpm as I'm only just hitting 8psi at very end of rev range??

I'm not too clued up on this stuff my mechanic does the work but just want to here what you guys think i should do if i want to keep the larger injectors?

Thank

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
345 is the expected result, i also want to see some results!

Hi sack my kit came with the 36lb injectors and i did try to px my new 36lb injectors back for the 30lb ones! I also got a quote from ca-automotive your uk supplier that injectors were $600 which was a little steep! So i tried getting the part number to find the correct ones myself but active would not reveal this information!

I'm not angry about it as i do like the company but it simple left me I'n the position to stay with the larger injectors!
Zack can i ask do you have a dyno results of a 325 achieving around 345bhp?

Thanks charlie

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Was this kit purchased new? If the kit was supposed to come with 30# injectors but was shipped with 36# injectors by mistake, seems to me AA should have been willing to exchange the injectors. Did you pursue this avenue with CA-Automotive? If CA sold and installed the kit, it's their responsibility to ensure that they installed the correct parts for your car. Assuming they are an authorized AA vendor, perhaps AA can convince CA to do the right thing here. You shouldn't have to pay anything, much less $600, to get the right injectors for your kit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The kit was new and uninstalled but i baught it second hand off this site! Active still were contracted i think to do the map for me as it hadn't been istalled! Which they did to be fair.

Regarding the injectors and the kit being listed new i thought they would px my 36 for the 30 and i would even have paid a couple hundred dallers instead of a $600 daller wack and some bigger injectors i bet i couldn't sell!

Even if i did end up paying the money it will be interesting to know if then i would get the expected 345bhp or no difference at all?

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you bought an AA supercharger kit from AA it comes with a hardware package that goes hand in hand with the software provided with the kit. I would send AA an email asking for the correct list of parts for your current software, and make sure that what you have is a complete "kit" with the appropriate hardware.

Even switching to a different brand injector with the SAME flow rate can cause calibration issues due to a different spray pattern and opening time. You definitely can't just throw a larger set of injectors in the car and expect it to run properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.