Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Sure that evo ran a stg III and not II???

·
Banned
423 Posts
Thats the beauty of a turbo, you can invest a little bit and end up with a lot of power. Evo 9's are pretty sick performance wise.

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
makes me want to buy an evo

·
Registered
740 Posts
He went 11.6 @117 on pump gas.

The owner of the Evo said the driver of the M3 told him it made 430 RWHP.
Those are more like stage II numbers aren't they...very weak stage II. Aren't there members of this forum who are putting down 414 whp on stage I?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have always liked Evo's, but the same with most cars I come across - I love the numbers on the dynos they put down, I like the way they look... and then I drive one and realize exactly why it's not in my garage.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Im pretty sure he ran my boys car, Kenny. His car needs to be tuned very badly and he is stg II. Im sure itll be a fair race once its tuned correctly :thumbup:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are more like stage II numbers aren't they...very weak stage II. Aren't there members of this forum who are putting down 414 whp on stage I?
It depends on the dyno. Ppl can make crazy numbers but it doesn't mean its that strong. Especially if your comparing Mustang dyno vs a Dynojet.
The best thing to compare are trap speeds in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dont get me wrong, imma big evo fan, i was debating on buying an evo, sti, g35 or M3...

But keep in mind, the evo's turbo'd, and the m is straight engine, lets have that evo run against a turbo'd M.....

NOT HATIN AT ALL...

evo's ARE strong

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have always liked Evo's, but the same with most cars I come across - I love the numbers on the dynos they put down, I like the way they look... and then I drive one and realize exactly why it's not in my garage.
Test drive a Evo.

Or get a ride in a modded one.

Im pretty sure he ran my boys car, Kenny. His car needs to be tuned very badly and he is stg II. Im sure itll be a fair race once its tuned correctly :thumbup:
I read what it said on the Youtube info. The Evo owner also mentioned the M3 owner said he was making 430 RWHP.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Dont get me wrong, imma big evo fan, i was debating on buying an evo, sti, g35 or M3...

But keep in mind, the evo's turbo'd, and the m is straight engine, lets have that evo run against a turbo'd M.....

NOT HATIN AT ALL...

evo's ARE strong
The M3 is supercharged, how is that all engine?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

NOT HATIN AT ALL...

evo's ARE strong
The M3 is SUPERCHARGED! + they went from a roll it would be worse from a dig.

On top of that the Evo is on stock turbo and seems to be pushing good power. Which makes the the stock turbo less efficient, due to the added power mods. Imagine if the Evo had a GT30R. Not to forget that GT35R IX's make around 450-480 WHP on pump gas

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah that sounds like kenney's stg 2 SC and its running like crap. Im not even sure if he is putting down even 430RWHP.

I dont get it... does AA not reflash the DME for an SC? What do they do just find the perfect size injectors so that the stock fuel map just runs with larger injectors? I know they say you have to clear the adaptations at the dealership, but Kenny never sent his DME to them..

I dont get it... I mean his car is running like crap for a STG 2, so I dont know if he ever got his adaptations cleared or what?

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.