E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,111 Posts
yeah def more pics of the ssr's, and are those bimmians logo's? what color are they? steel grey?

thanks dude.

·
Registered
644 Posts
yeah i was interested in getting that..really how is the sound?

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,434 Posts
gorgeous. very nice touch. is there supposed to be some advantage to the "different" type of design of the actual muffler?

anyway, your car loooks very sharp:thubmup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
The AA exhuast sounds very throaty esp during idle.. you can tell theres an exhuast on there, I was @ AA this past xmas break, My girl lives right by there , so i went by and got a glismpse of their upcoming supercharger on their 330i... the only beef i have w/ their exhuast is , it seems to stick out a tad far but thas just opinion.. but other then that . it sounds great :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
DropTop - Thanks, this board provides endless inspiration to mod! Here are a few more picts...............

bookus - Bimmian logos? Not sure I understand-never bought anything from them. Unless you mean the roundel and wheel caps. I bought the CF overlays from Vinnymac a long time ago. One of the cheapest and easiest mods. I think they look great. The SSR wheel caps are a weird size, not standard vinny was nice enough to send me enough material to make some myself. Great guy!

mc - not sure, probably a production reason for it. It is EXTREMELY well made though. Off the car it's a work of art! (Insomuch as a piece of shiny, welded stainless can be called "art") :D

E46FSU - I though the same when I saw a few picts, INCLUDING AA's supercharged test mule. When I was there, I said, "well, it looks nice, but you are NOT installing mine that way" Mine comes out about the same as the factory tips, they may look a bit more pronounced, but they are bigger and flared - I think that's why. They did a great job on the install.

Thanks for all the complements guys!!! As far as sound, it's perfect for me. It might not be lound enough for some, but at idle it's deeper, with a resonating rumble, around 3500-4000rpm you start to hear that wonderful mechanical "music"! The best part, off throttle and at cruise it sounds no different than stock so you can drive on the highway without any droning. I should have done it sooner!!!

Here's a few more picts of my car....AND please, no 4x4 comments! :bawling: I KNOW it needs dropping. The guys at AA said "Tonka Truck"! I just haven't decided on what to do...leaning toward a cup kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last one for the night....again, thanks for the kind words. I live at the end of the world here in S. FL (west coast). No one appreciates any of this around here! ('cept me of course)

Attachments

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Thank you, you have made my decisions, it loosk awesome by the way.

Oh yah your car looks like a 4x4 JK :thumbup: :thumbup: :bow:

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,111 Posts
thanks for the response, jano.

yeah i forgot about vinny's production of those. anyway, they look great!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Jano said:
Last one for the night....again, thanks for the kind words. I live at the end of the world here in S. FL (west coast). No one appreciates any of this around here! ('cept me of course)
I LOVE the west coast. We've got a place in Long Boat Key. Way cool area. Totally low profile and gorgeous.

What wheels are they? I don't normally go too overboard with wheels, but they are really nice looking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts