E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you find your///M to be that fast anymore now that you have had it for quite some time...I have heard some people like s4play say that it is scary fast anymore to him. Do any of you feel the same way..I have only ridden in a ///M but have driven cars with its power. When you go to open it up, do you find it to be not as fast as you want it to be anymore or are u pleased with it just the same as the day you got it:dunno:...I hope there is no buyers remorse from any of you all!:dunno: :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
im not an owner but for 3 weeks one of my friends parents went out of town....leaving behind a 02 m3....almost loaded...lacking the little stuff like the 19's and heated seats...but having the smg and nav.....i drove that bad puppy like everyday..and all i can say is going from a 330..to a m3....its like night and day

the speed, handling, and braking m3 have is incredibly kick arse

·
Bimmerless
1,551 Posts
I know what you mean, it doesnt seem like its pulling as hard. But if you turn off the DSC and are in S6, you will be gettin a lot of wheel spin, even when slapping it into 2nd at 60mph. most fun is just getting on the freeway in 2nd gear. dont regret the purchase at all. i drive it like a stolen rental (but I parallel park it like a bentley):D

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mpowered said:
im very please with my car. all i have to do is go pwn a vette to make myself feel better.
Nice..I hate those cars, they are everywhere and are the ******* dream car...But Z06 is too fast:)

·
Crazy Boy
1,098 Posts
srn1985 said:

Nice..I hate those cars, they are everywhere and are the ******* dream car...But Z06 is too fast:)
yea, im still working on beating Z06, i think all of the dinan mods plus some should do it :D along with some weight reduction, esp the freakin heavy rims.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Yeah I am feeling some regret that it didn't have more power but the 333 hp is probably the strongest 333 I've ever felt. Sometimes I forgot how fast it is until I start to pass 5500 rpm and it starts to feel good again.

But I'm like any of you guys...we always want more than what we have so I always dream of a M5 motor tranplant in my car...hehe

As for the DINAN and other mfr's claims, forget it, you are not going to get any more power from the M3!!!!!! I don't know why everyone is sooo gullible these days. It's been pretty much proven that the M3 is not going to be any fast with ANY Mods....

At least under 20K

rk

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
s4play said:
Yeah I am feeling some regret that it didn't have more power but the 333 hp is probably the strongest 333 I've ever felt. Sometimes I forgot how fast it is until I start to pass 5500 rpm and it starts to feel good again.

But I'm like any of you guys...we always want more than what we have so I always dream of a M5 motor tranplant in my car...hehe

As for the DINAN and other mfr's claims, forget it, you are not going to get any more power from the M3!!!!!! I don't know why everyone is sooo gullible these days. It's been pretty much proven that the M3 is not going to be any fast with ANY Mods....

At least under 20K

rk

Yea I guess you buy it at its peak, but what about a new set of gears and exhaust is always good..but that is just my guess:dunno:...when is your E55 suppose to arive?..That will crave your hunger hopefully:D:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: mine still kicks A$$

///M_TEEJ said:
:thumbup:
Dude, why don't you wake up and quit dreaming? Your way out of your league, as a matter of fact, your in wanna be my ***** league. Just tell me how much $$$ you want to back up your mouth and lets arrange your lesson. Ring the bell: School's in.

Don't compare yourself to a ZO6, please go find a Honda.

Jason

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: mine still kicks A$$

ZO6DUST said:

Dude, why don't you wake up and quit dreaming? Your way out of your league, as a matter of fact, your in wanna be my ***** league. Just tell me how much $$$ you want to back up your mouth and lets arrange your lesson. Ring the bell: School's in.

Jason

Hey bro, he was talking about how is car still kicks ass not about beating you in a race, so chill. He was answering to the question of the whole thread...We are not ignorant to the fact that pen!s lookin f-bodies and Z06's are fast but they dont have that balance like an ///M..also, a V8 swap would own you but that is going to far!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Re: Re: mine still kicks A$$

srn1985 said:

Hey bro, he was talking about how is car still kicks ass not about beating you in a race, so chill. He was answering to the question of the whole thread...We are not ignorant to the fact that pen!s lookin f-bodies and Z06's are fast but they dont have that balance like an ///M..also, a V8 swap would own you but that is going to far!!
He was referring to Mpowered post about running close to a Z06. To be quite honest, it would not even be a semblance of a race. I've ridden in an 11 second car getting owned by Jason. His Z06 would smoke ANY E46 M3 WITH THE ORIGINAL MOTOR. After the race, I took Jason for a ride in my SMG M3.. launch control on, 0 to 100, and jason was like "OK, when are you gonna floor it?" If had an AMG CL65, it might be worth his time to race me, but the E46 doesn't hold a matchstick to that car. As far as handling??? Hell, the E46 pulls like .89 G's and the Z06 pulls close to 1 G. We are no match.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: mine still kicks A$$

submersed said:

He was referring to Mpowered post about running close to a Z06. To be quite honest, it would not even be a semblance of a race. I've ridden in an 11 second car getting owned by Jason. His Z06 would smoke ANY E46 M3 WITH THE ORIGINAL MOTOR. After the race, I took Jason for a ride in my SMG M3.. launch control on, 0 to 100, and jason was like "OK, when are you gonna floor it?" If had an AMG CL65, it might be worth his time to race me, but the E46 doesn't hold a matchstick to that car. As far as handling??? Hell, the E46 pulls like .89 G's and the Z06 pulls close to 1 G. We are no match.
if he was referring to mpowered then why did he quote TEEJ? Anyways no one said an original motor M would beat a Z06 anyway..they are fast as hell we all know. Also you seem to not be liked your M that much and go crazy about AMG this and that. Of course if I SH!t gold then maybe I would consider a CL65 AMG but for now I am more than happy with my E46 so, Thank You...Go buy a mercedes:rolleyes:

·
Bimmerless
1,551 Posts
Re: Re: mine still kicks A$$

ZO6DUST said:

Jason
great, dumb (submersed) brought dumber in. we all know the z06 is faster, that is all it is, pure rocket. 2 seater, no comfort, interior like crap.

your this your that. your car still looks like a doorstop.:dunno: and?:cry:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Re: Re: mine still kicks A$$

Anthony said:

great, dumb (submersed) brought dumber in. we all know the z06 is faster, that is all it is, pure rocket. 2 seater, no comfort, interior like crap.

your this your that. your car still looks like a doorstop.:dunno: and?:cry:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ...doorstop,omg it does:lmao:

·
Registered
434 Posts
I love the M3... I went to Spain recently on a vacation and logged 2500 KM in a crappy rental. Came back to my M3 and was blown away <g>

You can get more power in the M3... Exhaust, Intake, Throttle bodies, Chip, UDP, etc.. I think 365-370 is doable. Reliable SCs will come out soon too (low-mid 400s I'm guessing).

·
is stylin all over you
693 Posts
funny thing is

if you dare venture to other forums, there are guys putting out a lot more than stock with minimal mods. Case in point, scott g's M3 putting 375 to the crank. You guys who think the M cannot be made faster are looking in the wrong places. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 136 Posts