E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My questions is does anyone of you, when the car is parked, do u put the gear in first, then release the e-brake or vice versa? and when parking, do u set the e-brake then put it in the parking gear or vice vera.

THe reason I asked is that sometimes mycar rolls a bit after I park the car, release the brakes then set my e-brake, especially when the car is on a slight slop. I remebered that my sales guy told me that I should try to aviod too much rolling when in the park position :dunno: can it do any damage after a long period of time? since it is a RWD.

Thanks and looking forward to ur opinions

Tom

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use my ebrake with the step also. I like to put the car in park and hold the footbrake in while i engage the emergency brake. This eliminates the roll that all automatic trannys experience. I also noticed that it reduces the clunck when shifting out of park.

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
the way that i usually do it on a step driveway or hill is, put the car in neutral with the brakes applied, then pull up the parking brakes then letting go of the brakes. So now my the car is resting on the parking brakes, and then i put the tranny into park. this prevents the loud cluck when shifting out of park.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts