BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, just wanted to say a big thank you to Asbjorn at ESS.

Before I left for my last `ring trip I decided to "run a spanner" over everything, to make sure nothing had worked loose (this was really because I can`t leave things alone :tsk:).

My oil line fitting moved less than 1/16th of a turn and I didn`t think anymore of it untill I noticed the tinyest, tinyest oil leak before leaving the `ring. Didn`t mess too much with it there as it was soo small and I didn`t want to risk making it worse so far away from home, just took it easy on the way to the ferry and stopped a few times to make sure it wasn`t loosing any oil (which thankfully it wasn`t).

When I got home, I decided to remove the fitting to inspect it and just as the last cpouple threads were coming out, it split (luckily it was holding on enough to unscrew it). A quick check on the Vortech website and they sell them as spares but only ship within the states :banghead:, so I fired off an email to Asbjorn and as it turned out they had them in stock. So shipped out on the 2nd by airmail and it arrived today (the 5th) :excited:

The cost of the part and shipping ? Don`t know yet AJ said he`d let me know when he gets time to work it out but just as AJ was good enough to send it out without payment first, I`ll be good enough to pay it when he does send me a bill.

Thanks again AJ. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Love the way your car is looking these days Mike !!!:pimpin:

Yeah , AJ and Hans can be very accomodating ........which is why he`ll be sending me the CFR kit first w/o payment :rofl:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts