BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I've purchased A pillars for my sedan today. To my surprise, that tiny trim which covers the screws on the pillar was not present in the package (old one was labeled SRS airbag).

Is that something that needs to be purchased aside from the pillar itself?
Please advise before I call my supplier. If there is another piece indeed, does anyone know the part number?

Thanks !

·
Registered
471 Posts
The little trim piece is indeed a separate part number. Go look on RealOEM. IIRC they weren't too expensive, so it may be cheaper to buy them at your local dealer, instead of having to pay S&H from an online vendor.

I researched this before deciding to try 3M Super 77 on my A-pillars, which has held up fine for six months. Next time they get droopy I'll just buy new ones.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. I would never think this could be sold apart but I guess I was wrong.
yeah that is BMW making money.

You'd be surprise how the tiniest of screws, pins and bolts have parts numbers.

The worse I've seen is the rear door e46 sunshade kit. The actual sun shade is around $40 for the R window and $40 for the L window but the clips that hold the shade to the door come in a special holder kit that cost $119.

And all they are are a small bag of clips. But the shade is useless with them.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I sell every single screw/pin/clip made by BMW. I've got 4 buckets full of them, if you need anything you can always ask.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts