BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight after droping my girl home at 3am, i saw a new 530 on the jackie robison (the whole parkway is twisties) so i looked at his car he was looking at mine and he took off so i took off too. So i passed him at 90-100 on the twisties and then we went to the GC Pkwy so at the entrace of the GC pkwy he get next to me at a complete stop since we have to see if there's traffic coming. so we both punch it, from 0 to 100 he pulled hard on me, but as we get to 100 im right on his back, next thing i know im passing this guy at 125 and i kept on up to 140 i looked back he's like 7 cars behind me. so i slowed down since i was getting to my exit and i was gonna give him the :thumbup: but he just kept on going fast. btw i have a 323i with ecis intake, shark injector and RE power pulleys.I just though i shared it with you guys since it was fun, we were going at it for like 20 min with no traffic at all.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
what does the shark injector do for your car? did it increase the top speed? man i get scared past 120 on the freeway even if theres light traffic.

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
ny finest said:
tonight after droping my girl home at 3am, i saw a new 530 on the jackie robison (the whole parkway is twisties) so i looked at his car he was looking at mine and he took off so i took off too. So i passed him at 90-100 on the twisties and then we went to the GC Pkwy so at the entrace of the GC pkwy he get next to me at a complete stop since we have to see if there's traffic coming. so we both punch it, from 0 to 100 he pulled hard on me, but as we get to 100 im right on his back, next thing i know im passing this guy at 125 and i kept on up to 140 i looked back he's like 7 cars behind me. so i slowed down since i was getting to my exit and i was gonna give him the :thumbup: but he just kept on going fast. btw i have a 323i with ecis intake, shark injector and RE power pulleys.I just though i shared it with you guys since it was fun, we were going at it for like 20 min with no traffic at all.
nice
:thumbup:

never been on the jackie robinson but everytime i drive on GC past the entrance for the Jackie robinson there is always an accident! now i know why.......all the twisties and every maxima is probably racing thinking they have a sports car.
anyways, good driving bro

·
Registered
433 Posts
man some of the turns on the jackie robinson at 90 mph is like playing russian roulette.

i remember a couple of cats died raing on it couple months back....be careful out there

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seedster2 said:
man some of the turns on the jackie robinson at 90 mph is like playing russian roulette.

i remember a couple of cats died raing on it couple months back....be careful out there
yeah there's always a lot of accidents on the jackie, i drive thru there almost everyday for the past 3 years so i know all the twisties. but thanks anyway for the look out.

·
Banned
75 Posts
ny finest said:
the shark injector removes top speed governor, increase hp and raises rev limiter.
Wrong, the shark does not give more hp. It simply remapps the ECU. It does remove the top speed limit and it moves the red back 300 RPM but thats it, no hp increase.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Shark for M3 might not give hp, but combined with intake Shark for 323 adds almost 21hp

shark for 325 on the other hand makes 6-8 hp.

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
gokcer said:
Shark for M3 might not give hp, but combined with intake Shark for 323 adds almost 21hp

shark for 325 on the other hand makes 6-8 hp.
What?? is that right? 323 adds 21hp?
wow i shouldve just bought a used 323!

Is there a reason why it yields so little hp as compared to the 323? well actually nevermind the 325 already has higher hp than the 323i. how much TQ extra does it get for the 323?
I know the 323 already has higher TQ numbers than the 325.

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
ny finest said:
i would say more like like 10-15 hp and 5tq on the 323/328
That will still yield more tq than a 325 with the shark.
sharking a 323 will definitely give you more pop than sharking a 325.
thanks

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
Also ny finest,

what do you think about the e60?
looks wise.
personally i can't stand the design....i saw an alpine white one and that was the only one that looked decent.
I saw a couple in europe back in sept and i couldnt believe how ugly it is....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i like them, i think once you add rims, a nice body kit and a drop, it would do it. it's just like the 7 series i didnt like it at first but u get used to it.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
The 5 grows on you. Especially in BLACK. I HATED it when I first saw it, but you really have to walk around it and view it from a LOT of different angles to appreciate it. Personally, I *now* think its a beautiful car.

Bart

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
ny finest said:
i love this one

i only like the white one on the e60...
i was at the mkt research in NJ where they had the prototype of the e90. The e60 was right next to it and the e60 looked so damn hideous compared to the e90.

I guess its either a hate it or luv it approach!

NY finest,

Seen pics of ur car! luv the m3 front bro!
good job on it :thumbup:

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
The Rock said:
The 5 grows on you. Especially in BLACK. I HATED it when I first saw it, but you really have to walk around it and view it from a LOT of different angles to appreciate it. Personally, I *now* think its a beautiful car.

Bart
yeah i hear ya bart,

just the shape and the lines look so awkward on it.
it looks like a mish mosh of different cars made by bangle & pontiac as oppose to one tightly& unifying designed car.

I thought they shouldve gone with a more evolutionary approach as opposed to such an avant garde/revolutionary design from the e39. The e39 was such a great seller and a universally loved design....ppl will still buy it because its a bmw though.
but BASED on looks alone and not the driving experience i would take the e-class over the e60 IMO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts