E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The yellow oil light on my dash has been on for three days this week. I called Open Road BMW at 4:30PM today and told them that my car had 10,200 miles on it (5,000 short of scheduled oil change) and the yellow ol light was on. She told me that they could get me a loaner car for next Tuesday (January 14th).

With all the lousy service posts I read - just figured I would give some credit its due.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If a yellow light is appearing, that indicates you are low on oil after the key is cycled. However, a red light would indicate low oil pressure. These cars are sensitive to oil levels. Be certain to check oil levels periodically to avoid future worries.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Everytime I ask about a loaner, they laugh. I swear it seems like some dealers sell like 2 cars a year and have 100 loaners sitting around. In my area (D.C.) it seems like they sell 100000 per year and have 2 loaners. :dunno: I even told them I was interested in a trading for a 4 door 5 speed, even talked to the sales manager. NO. I told the service manager I was concerned about safety and the rental since I have a 18month old I have to drive in the morning and if I could have a loaner. NO. I was told "Loaners are reserved for VIP's and special people".

I get my practically Yugo rental and who do I see walking out, a Porsche customer getting in a X5. Hmm Yugo...X5. I even got my car back with more problems and items on my list that said refer to other items that weren't even related or the service rep wrote something completely different that what the problem was. I certainly didn't return their survey which I heard counts against them. So yeah my first and second service experiences at two different places were not good at all. I won't even begin to tell you about the first one. Hell I'm a nice guy, don't complain much, and just want my car fixed but the system they have setup pushes you to be a picky @-hole to get the work done so you don't have to go back 10 times which is what i'll have to be like since I've given them 2 chances already. Like most people, I just can't take off when ever I feel like it because my car needs service because they didn't fix it the first tiem. I also can't consider car service as more important than my job. Well enough steam, consider yourself the exception or just at a dealer that hardly has customers.

CTOM9 said:
The yellow oil light on my dash has been on for three days this week. I called Open Road BMW at 4:30PM today and told them that my car had 10,200 miles on it (5,000 short of scheduled oil change) and the yellow ol light was on. She told me that they could get me a loaner car for next Tuesday (January 14th).

With all the lousy service posts I read - just figured I would give some credit its due.

·
needs a new sig...
4,594 Posts
Open Road gives me a loaner no Questions asked and its usually a BMW loaner all the time..there service is great

·
Registered
312 Posts
You guys that are having all these good and bad experiences with dealers should go to this site that started a few weeks ago so everybody can benifit from it.
dealerrater.com
Thanks
vern

1 - 7 of 7 Posts