BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2001 BMW 330CI and want to install an aux because i've gotten tired of CD and radio. Ive heard,read,seen that you can install an aux pretty easy but only on the 2002 and higher radios. So my question. Can I install a 2002 OEM radio in my 2001? Will it be compatible?

My second question is related to a fender bender I had. The front passenger side fender has a dent and I want to replace it with a OEM already painted JET BLACK fender. I've found one but its from a 2001 330CI vert. So my question is... Will it fit on my 2001 330CI?

Sorry if these are a bit..... well dumb, but i just wanna be extra sure before i do anything.

·
Premium Member
2016 340i & 2002 325Ci
3,277 Posts
2002+ head unit will be a direct fit. And if you have a working CD changer in your trunk, you can replace it with an aux cable. That's what I did, works great.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just be aware that somewhere in that time period the amp box in your c-pillar changed to a different frequency and was powered differently, so while the radio will fit, your reception will suffer a lot if the new radio isn't compatible with the current diversity antenna box. Without looking it up, I'm not sure when the switchover occurred, though. I think it was right in that 2001-2002 time period, though.

Edit, found it... See Delmarco's posts starting at #s 5 and 6.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=662688

1 - 11 of 11 Posts