BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the pic.... Have a lot more pics coming since i have been working on my car at my mechanic shop... Like putting some gauges.... switches...fixing oil leaks.

Tell me what u think of this pic.... I finally finished her today, and took her home after nearly a month of working on her....

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol thats pretty cool. Was there any photo editting or did you have the car up on the lift with the car in gear and gas pedal floored?
LoL.. None of that stuff. I didnt p/s it either. There is a few threads called "easter eggs", something like that. Bmw Dealers use it to check out the info on the cars. What u do is press the left button on the gauges with keys only in the first postion( just put the key in the ignition, no lights wil turn on). Then as ur holding the left button put the car in start postion(right before ur about to turn it on) and something on the lil screen should say test... Let go fast and press it again quickly until ur on test 2 then let go. Once it says test 2.0 just press the left button again and then this happens... Its safe, and when ur done take the key out and ur fine.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how did you get the camera to capture the needles like that when i took a shot it captured the needle at one spot
Its a setting i have on my camera (a canon power shot pro 1... its 8megapixels) All i did was put it on the setting and the camera take the pic, which take it about a second long. A lot of camers have these setting

·
Registered
35 Posts
The lower your exposure or ISO setting the longer the shutter stays open on the camera... do it long enough you can get the whole sweep on the gages.

Biggest problem with leaving the shutter open (as seen in the picture at top) is that everything else is blurred because the camera is picking up the movement in your hands. For best results use a tripod and a remote trigger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts