E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fan for my 2003 325i wasn’t moving so I checked and there was a connection sticking out I’m not sure why it’s like that

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,845 Posts
Plug it back in. I've seen the clips break on them due to age and gorilla opening them. You should be able to strap a ziptie around it longitudinally and keep it hooked up fine.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,845 Posts
Oh, btw, if this car is new to you, keep an eye on things. The PO may have unplugged it because it's failing in the worst way imaginable--which is that it keeps running when the car is off and either drains your battery or starts a fire--seriously.

Keep an eye on its operation. Read up on it. The switch it's plugged into is the temp sensor on the lower radiator hose...which triggers when it should come on. It should come on briefly when you turn on the AC...but it should turn off eventually even after a long drive. If it doesn't, you probably need a new fan. Easy to replace if you have a manual--easy with an auto if you have the two tools you need and know how. :)

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,145 Posts
That is the heater element on your thermostat. It's backing out. You should be replacing the thermostat!

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,145 Posts
Also replace your fan clutch while it's out. I can see from the photo it's leaked out all of the viscous fluid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts