E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
year and body style: 2003 325i
setup being rated: UUC Stage 4 (Springs, Shocks, SwayBarbarians)
adjustments: sway stiffness (3 way front, 2 way rear)
additional aftermarket components: none
additional info: installed at 35k miles, used for 15k
preferred ride style: I prefer a ride that is significantly stiff without being harsh. I want absolutely flat cornering, but want to avoid the hops that come with really high spring rates.
would you recommend this setup? Absolutely. The drop is both noticable and stylish, but not over the top. Everywhere but on a track, you won't be able to push it to the real limit. Smoothness and comfort seem similar to the stock sport suspension, but with significantly stiffer springs and dramatically better handling, particularly body roll.
price paid, including installation (if applicable): $650, install was DIY
ride comfort: 7
handling: 8

When compared with other spring/shock/sway setups, this tops the charts. More affordable than most setups, the drop eliminates wheel gap (unless you're looking for the slammed look) and is just high enough for 99% of roads, perfectly tractable over undulating pavement, but somewhat harsh over imperfections. Excellent corner to corner stiffness. Summary: perfect drop, excellent price, easy installation, subtle and rewarding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.