E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
year and body style: 2001 330ci.
setup being rated: TEIN SS coilover suspension
adjustments: Ride Height & damping
additional aftermarket components: Dinan Strut tower brace, Dinan Stage 2 software, Dinan CAI & Dinan Cat back exhaust
additional info: car has about 120,000 miles on it and the Coilovers were installed at 55k
preferred ride style: I prefer a controlled stiff ride with some suspension travel
would you recommend this setup? Only if you're not going to track alot
price paid, including installation (if applicable): 900 for the coilovers 100 for the install
ride comfort: 9
handling: 9

Tein SS were specifically designed for everyday road use and occasional track use hence the dual tube shock design. There are other Tein coilovers that are designed for heavy track use but Tein SS are not. And since I never track my car it's not an issue for me. Tein SS can go VERY LOW in ride height and the comfort for the road is great. They DO handle very well on the road and corners do feel flat.

I do not have the EDFC controller because to me it's gimmicky.

Monotube shocks are ones designed for heavy duty track use.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
year and body style: 2001 330ci.
setup being rated: TEIN SS coilover suspension
adjustments: Ride Height & damping
additional aftermarket components: Dinan Strut tower brace, Dinan Stage 2 software, Dinan CAI & Dinan Cat back exhaust
additional info: car has about 120,000 miles on it and the Coilovers were installed at 55k
preferred ride style: I prefer a controlled stiff ride with some suspension travel
would you recommend this setup? Only if you're not going to track alot
price paid, including installation (if applicable): 900 for the coilovers 100 for the install
ride comfort: 9
handling: 9

Tein SS were specifically designed for everyday road use and occasional track use hence the dual tube shock design. There are other Tein coilovers that are designed for heavy track use but Tein SS are not. And since I never track my car it's not an issue for me. Tein SS can go VERY LOW in ride height and the comfort for the road is great. They DO handle very well on the road and corners do feel flat.

I do not have the EDFC controller because to me it's gimmicky.

Monotube shocks are ones designed for heavy duty track use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.