E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone let me tell you what is going on with my 2003 325i it's driving me crazy. My a/c is blowing cool/warm air. The low side gauge reads 32 the high side gauge reads 178 and the temp. outside is 78. Just put in 1.6 pounds after vacuming out the old freon after putting in a new ambient air temp. sensor. Air was warm before I did al this but after these changes made it slight cooler. If I turn on the window vents (defroster) the air gets cold in the panel vents. Just run the panel vents go's back to cool. Also the center panel vents will blow warm air when the side panels remain cool. The only thing I can think of would be the heater control valve that's under the air box is stuck open. What do you think the problem could be? The pressure reads good on both low and high so it can't be compresser problems, or expansion valve problems. This is a new one on me. Please help!

·
Registered
29,664 Posts
You need to replace the heater control valve AND evacuate and refill the system by a qualified a/c technician. Please do not tell me you did the barnyard dance and did this yourself at home with Walmart cans. Evacuating the system into the atmosphere is extremely illegal. I hope you didn't do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't do the "barn yard dance" I have gauges, 30 pound tank, and a vacuum to trap and store the old freon while taking the air out to check or leaks while the vacuum holds. Thanks for the quick responses I think it is the heater control valve to.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Check to see your exterior temp sensor is there and working correctly , if its not it defaults to minus 40 and the car wont blow cold air

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.