BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lent out my AC type IIIs to a friend for Importfest a couple weeks ago but never had time to swap them back. My friends takes their bimmer to BMW to fix some brakes problem. When they got the car back, one of the rims was scratched up. It¡¯s pretty obvious that the wheel was dropped and bounced around a bit. The paint all around the rim was chipped off, there was even a chip INSIDE one of the side of the spokes, how that got there is beyond me.

Confronting the mechanic, he claims that the rim came like that and they probably curbed it themselves. Those are definitely not curb marks. So what¡¯s wrong with the service at BMW? The mechanic didn¡¯t even have the courtesy to tell them that the rim was dropped and accused my friends of curbing it themselves!! They¡¯re taking the wheel back to BMW on Monday to see if they will assume responsibility for it but I¡¯m pretty sure they¡¯re not going to. Hopefully BMW Canada will do something about it. But¡_what are the chances.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,857 Posts
:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
They are supposed to mark any damages on the vehicle on a sheet of paper before they even sit in your car... ask to see that paper, if there are no marks on the wheels, then its obvious that they did it... I would ask for a copy of that sheet and submit it to BMWNA, and see what happens from there... goodluck...

PS: I feel your pain because I had a similar experience with BMW and they totally screwed me

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DropTopBM said:
They are supposed to mark any damages on the vehicle on a sheet of paper before they even sit in your car... ask to see that paper

PS: I feel your pain because I had a similar experience with BMW and they totally screwed me
Thanx for the info, i never knew that! i'm going to tell my friends so they can b*tch on monday!!! i don't want them to end up paying to fix my wheels since it's not their fault! sorry to hear you got screwed over, hope it turned out ok!

now i'm always going to be paranoid about bringing my car to service.

·
Wide Ass on 20's
866 Posts
u must CAP them.. CAP THEM

u shoulda bit ched at them until they admitted fault, cause they will always try to brush u off and deny all wrongdoing..

cause they usually get away with it..

didn't i tell u enuf times??:dunno:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BluE46 said:
u must CAP them.. CAP THEM

u shoulda bit ched at them until they admitted fault, cause they will always try to brush u off and deny all wrongdoing..

cause they usually get away with it..

didn't i tell u enuf times??:dunno:
we didn't go there today yoz...how do i b*tch at them...
maybe we should tell h**** and p***** to CAP them

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Not only in Canada...

here in the states, BMW service sucks too...it's like all the service repos are messed up or something. I dunno, it might be just my bad luck having to face this kind of people or it might be that BMW just don't control their customer service overseas other than in Germany?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts