BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we have been having weekly meets and I decided to contribute to the forum like I use to back in what 04?:hmm: All pics were taken with a Canon Digital Rebel 300d and sigma lenses 70-300mm f/4, sigma 28-70mm f/2.8. Please excuse all the noise and blur as Im a noob in the photography scene. Any comments regarding photography tips like aperature,exposure, and zoom settings are very much welcomed!!! I will update this thread every two week with different pics and angles of the locals that come through. This meet started with just three cars but lately every thursday more and more people show up ending up in a pretty decent turn out like back in the day with the OG's. :thumbsup:

- Again sorry for all the noise in the pics.

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Banned
5,157 Posts
decent pics, I am a noob too but it looked like a decent turnout!

M

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It looks like your ISO setting is too high. With them being night shots, I'm assuming you used the auto setting. What woks for me is setting the shutter speed just fast enough to catch a descent amount of light and image. i then sharpen and adjust the gamma setting using software. I actually like the pics the way the are though. i think thte setting you sued gives the pics a nostalgic look.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
That's cool and all, but Jorge, lolol...those pictures suck!
que come pingaa...hahahaha:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jorge it looks like the ISO settings are way high, just practice with Lu and you'll be fine..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
433 Posts
nice attempt man! lol keep practicing bro. you'll get it after a while.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There's a lot of noise on those pics. Some of them are blurry. It takes time and tweaking, bro, but you're on the right track. I'll be there next Thursday!

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
decent pics, I am a noob too but it looked like a decent turnout!

M
Mike, your no noob. good luck on the sale bro.

cool... practice practice practice! bro you should come over with your gear and we can go back and forth learning cam tricks... I have a few up my sleeve :4ngie:

their noisy as hell but that might be a few factors...id like to shoot with your setup so I can see what i can squeeze out of it.
Well first thing is first. Now I know what I did wrong the first time. I think on the 3rd try ill get it right.

It looks like your ISO setting is too high. With them being night shots, I'm assuming you used the auto setting. What woks for me is setting the shutter speed just fast enough to catch a descent amount of light and image. i then sharpen and adjust the gamma setting using software. I actually like the pics the way the are though. i think thte setting you sued gives the pics a nostalgic look.
I think I was on the Av setting most of the time, most of the shots I do agree that I didn't even play with the ISO. thanks for the input bro!

That's cool and all, but Jorge, lolol...those pictures suck!
chino... ill eventually get decent photography skills I hope. Hope you come down so you can go to one of the meets!
nice turnout!

luis' stance is insaneeee :drool:
Luis' stance is aggressive as fuk! I don't know how he drives around, with my ///M I would be like 1.5 inches higher than him and scrapped everywhere around miami.

sorry, but i have to agree with him
Its ok, I agree with you guys too. :thumbsup:

que come pingaa...hahahaha:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jorge it looks like the ISO settings are way high, just practice with Lu and you'll be fine..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yeah I gotta play with the ISO. You gotta swing by the meets like before bro, your lost in another life, get the fuk outta that closet and drive your ass down here!

lol word to high iso
:werd: x2

nice attempt man! lol keep practicing bro. you'll get it after a while.
Yeah man I think practicing will get the ISO issue solved, then comes more problems but hopefully with a decent tri-pod it will work, that mono-pod aint getting the job done.

Set the ISO to the lowest number possible, get a tripod.
Yeah Im thinking of over exposing the shots too to help out. I was using a mono-pod but obviously it was sort of useless. Thanks for the input!

that is one classy looking car. :drool:
Yeah man I agree, if you would've smelled the interior it had that classic BMW smell from back in the day.

There's a lot of noise on those pics. Some of them are blurry. It takes time and tweaking, bro, but you're on the right track. I'll be there next Thursday!
Nice!!! I love shooting Tiag's cars since its easier for me because of my old car. I got use to the color. Good thing this meet is every thursday, that way I can practice practice practice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts