BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been lurking here a lot and have come across a lot of helpful information...thank you! I just went over the 99500 mile mark and my service engine light came on. I'm wondering if this is something that happens automatically simply due to me reaching 100K soon and needing my 100K mile service, or if that's just coincidence?

Thank you in advance! :thanks:

·
Registered
16,058 Posts
Hi all,

I've been lurking here a lot and have come across a lot of helpful information...thank you! I just went over the 99500 mile mark and my service engine light came on. I'm wondering if this is something that happens automatically simply due to me reaching 100K soon and needing my 100K mile service, or if that's just coincidence?

Thank you in advance! :thanks:
NO...search for Codes: PO161, PO340 etc...

·
Banned
6,750 Posts
It is just a coincidence. If I were you, I would have someone around your area or a local mechanic read out your codes and see what is the problem with your car.

Have you done any maintenance on your E46 yet?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is just a coincidence. If I were you, I would have someone around your area or a local mechanic read out your codes and see what is the problem with your car.

Have you done any maintenance on your E46 yet?

They read your codes for free at autozone don't they? I've only done basic maintenance i.e. just changed the oil and went through Utah inspections, but the 100K check is coming up and since it's an automatic I guess the tranny fluid needs to be changed? I'm still learning a lot and this is my first ever BMW...I bought it less than a month ago and I LOVE driving it :woot:, but now that this damn engine lights come on it's making me :ben: ...I'm gonna get it checked out soon :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts