BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Anyone help me. I have a 323iSE 4dr in the UK. I want to get an audio upgrade since I only have the standard BMW Business Radio with 6disc changer. I do NOT have the HK system.

What would any of you recommend. Also, I have heard of the JL Audio Stelth Boxes.. how much are these.. where can I buy them from for a good price and ship to the UK???

Also, would you say keep the standard head unit, or upgrade it to a standard DIN size by say Alpine??

Also, has anyone got an pics they can post of a 3 series (pref with matt chrome interior) who has changed their head unit to either and standard DIN size, or a motorised screen.

Any help much appriciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Firstly i had better say hello there.
I am also in the u.k and i appear to have the same speck car as your self, i am also about to start out on an I.C.E install in my own car and I would be interested to find out about these stealth sub inclosures that you mention. You are probably aware of the Autoleads facia adaptor to bring the size down to standard din size. would be interested in keeping in touch to see if i can pick up any usuful hints.

regards

·
Flex UK Style
2,551 Posts
Tesh323 said:
Can Anyone help me. I have a 323iSE 4dr in the UK. I want to get an audio upgrade since I only have the standard BMW Business Radio with 6disc changer. I do NOT have the HK system.

What would any of you recommend. Also, I have heard of the JL Audio Stelth Boxes.. how much are these.. where can I buy them from for a good price and ship to the UK???

Also, would you say keep the standard head unit, or upgrade it to a standard DIN size by say Alpine??

Also, has anyone got an pics they can post of a 3 series (pref with matt chrome interior) who has changed their head unit to either and standard DIN size, or a motorised screen.

Any help much appriciated.
Just out of interest. Where in London you from? I'm out here in Windsor

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in North West London, near wembley... where are you BigFas??? what year is your 318Ci?? is it standard??

·
Flex UK Style
2,551 Posts
Tesh323 said:
I am in North West London, near wembley... where are you BigFas??? what year is your 318Ci?? is it standard??
You're not too far away, maybe we can hook up at some point. I picked up my 318CiC two weeks ago, I bought it straight off the production line. It's got the 2.0 Valvetronic engine which is sweet. It's absolutely standard at the moment, but it's going in next Tuesday for an ECU remap, not really for BHP (it's only gonna gain about 10%), but to sweeten up the throttle response, as there are notable flatspots through the gears. An air filter is going in at the same time, again, really to improve the airflow into the engine. It's running on the Style 44 alloys, and I don't know if it's just me but the rears seem to fill the arch nicely (not great, but nice) but the fronts seem to be on stilts! So I'm not sure if I'm going to get that sorted. Maybe eventually. As for the bodywork, I really like the lip spoiler that comes with the Sport Pack. My dealer is working on getting me one as he can only order a sport kit spoiler if he has a chassis number to order against. But we'll see. I'm new to modding, NEVER done it before so I'm doing it in small steps! Also, the best mod is going in next week. Valentine 1 radar detector. Being hardwired to fit just under the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the Alpine CDA-7893R CD/MP3 player for my E46 323i SE - the rest is standard but what a difference just the change of Head unit makes !!!

I will be getting either DLS speakers or a/d/s speakers for front components... then possibly get either a single sub, or dual subs in stock locations... keep an eye out for further postings....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Excellent sounds like it all went well and you are happy with it. I'm going to brave the head unit change this week end for another head unit i have kicking around at home it can't be any worse than what i already have. hopefully santa will bring me a new head unit cause i keep leaving magazines all over the house.
:D :D :D . Tesh do you know anything about changing the dials in your car i would like to by some differnt coloured one are they easy to install?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Head unit is really really very good, probably the best head unit you can buy for less than 400 quid.. sound is very good, nice amount of power, but that will soon be changed with amps...

I do not know anything about dials.. possibly try cooks ferry in london, or motorforce in newcastle for dials... but i prefer the standard look on the dials... this Alpine head unit does look ok... will post pics as soon as...

www.motorforce.co.uk
www.cooksferry.co.uk

maybe www.cooksferry.com - based in enfield

1 - 11 of 11 Posts