E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
:D
7,274 Posts
why? why would you go against what they recommend just to save literally nothing. i'm not going to work out the math because it's not worth it right now because you're not going to listen
but with 89 you're getting less mpg. so in the end it literally is the exact same thing except for the fact that you're putting crap gas into your car. :banghead:
either pony the hell up and spend an extra $2 every fill up and end up spending the exact same amount anyway or buy a civic and live your life not understanding how this works.

89=400 miles per tank
91=450 miles per tank
these are just random guesses to help you understand that you're not saving money by cheaping out.

·
Banned
7,267 Posts
why? why would you go against what they recommend just to save literally nothing. i'm not going to work out the math because it's not worth it right now because you're not going to listen
but with 89 you're getting less mpg. so in the end it literally is the exact same thing except for the fact that you're putting crap gas into your car. :banghead:
either pony the hell up and spend an extra $2 every fill up and end up spending the exact same amount anyway or buy a civic and live your life not understanding how this works.

89=400 miles per tank
91=450 miles per tank
these are just random guesses to help you understand that you're not saving money by cheaping out.

·
Registered
677 Posts
No one really knows is the honest answer. Some say with 91 you get an extra 1-2 MPG, some say get get an extra 5-10hp, some people have been running 89 for years without issues...

·
Registered
677 Posts
It's not extra if it's the standard amount.

Your logic only works with Estonian numbers.
OK yes I put that wrong it should have been said that some say on 89 you get 1-2 mpg less and 5-10 hp less.

And Estonian numbers are ****ed man they have to use like 5 syllables to say any number over 100

·
Registered
445 Posts
And to all those who think that here in Canada its only a $5 diference a fill up... ITS NOT!!! .20-.30 difference in ocatne 87 vs octane 91/94 per LITER x70L =$15-20 every fill up x4/month .... It adds up

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App

·
I SHOP @ TURNER MOTORSPORT
689 Posts
And to all those who think that here in Canada its only a $5 diference a fill up... ITS NOT!!! .20-.30 difference in ocatne 87 vs octane 91/94 per LITER x70L =$15-20 every fill up x4/month .... It adds up

I pay $13 a gallon here in Sicily so you know what.....NO ONE can b!tch about gas prices.....LOL

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Bimmer App

·
I SHOP @ TURNER MOTORSPORT
689 Posts
Lol... Damn!! At least you dont need to travel far to get anywhwere ;)

Im actually planning a trip there in june :D

It takes 4 hours to get from my apartment on the water on the East end in Marsala to the East side in Catania. Usually costs me like 150 bucks roundtrip. And sorry dood.....dont come here. Its so not worth it. Go to Rome and Venice instead. I lived in Venice for 3 years and Sicily for the last year. Im done 30 June and go up to Toronto for a few months....vacation...job hunting....

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
445 Posts
^ good luck with job hunting in Ontario... Factories are shutting down one after another... There are no jobs in this province... People are moving out West to Alberta.

GL man... And ya... Venice was an option as well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.