BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mannnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! It was hell trying to replace this damn bulb and couldn't do it. Peps gave info how to do it but it was only for e46 3 series. M3 they had to take the whole air filter kit out before replacing these bulbs.
Thanks to Butler Tire :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Craig hooked it up pecfectly!! Thanks again Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are pic of the 4000k vs. 8000k that you've been waiting for.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Looks beautiful man!!!!!!:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Whoaaa... way too blue. Personally, I think the best color for HID headlights is white. Although sometimes cameras lie, if you were suffering from "yellow bi-xenon syndrome" (which isn't apparent in your photos), then it was a good idea to switch them out, but 8000k is a little on the extreme blue side.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks to blue

Maybe its the camera but that looks to blue to me. Hows the brightness compared to the 4300k oem bulbs? do you notice decreased vision?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will post pic later for the night vision!

I personally like the blue. It's kinda looks like the M5 or the X5 Xenons. Everyone has different perspective.:dunno: :dunno:

Jay

·
Sofa-king-what
2,002 Posts
ok ok ok

8000k or 6000k???? that's the problem.....

a lot users preferr the 8000k for style...... (i mean a bmw with purple light is ALWAYS more stylish than a 4100k equipped...)

BUT...

i've heard that 8000 has less lumen than a 4100k (2800 lumen Vs 3200.....) it means that you can't see brighter as an oem light........

BUT.........there'll be something in the middle....:confused: ....... 6000k got 3200 lumen.....they got blue light (and not purlpe)...

..personally i'm looking to some 6000k (as philips ultinons).....

can anyone of you will give me any advice before i waste 500€ (or 500 $) in some purple-laser.........

and i'll open a poll on the bulb's K......

·
Registered
652 Posts
whoaaaa

post my pics bro

·
Registered
370 Posts
pics pics pics pics :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Re: ok ok ok

TheRiddle said:

BUT.........there'll be something in the middle....:confused: ....... 6000k got 3200 lumen.....they got blue light (and not purlpe)...

..personally i'm looking to some 6000k (as philips ultinons).....

and i'll open a poll on the bulb's K......
6000K IS PURPLE. 8000K is blue. u got it opposite dude.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts