E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DAMN. So there is this brake light signal on my dash board rite??I booked an apointment wif BMW....and i didint know it was that severe. My dad took my car to the service department and they said they needed to replace the whole break pads?? not sure.but it costed us $800 CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF????I thought its under warranty!!! My car has only around 20000km too!!!!! $800 for stock brake pads???i am not even sure if they are called BRAKE PADS excuse me....but just..really damn angry....BMW must charge alot of $$ for their labour..............:ben:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
soudns like u got ripped. under warranty all you need to pay is for the pads, which shouldnt run more than 250 USD. i dont know how much that is in canadian. Labor is covered by warranty.

·
Registered
181 Posts
They probably changed front and rear pads and rotors based on this amount.

Not to add to your frustration, but it is actually very easy to change pads and/or rotors.... highway robbery pure and simple.

AlexM520

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
BTW, When they say you need ur rotors resurfaced..... :cartman:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhhh..damn..yeah resurface or sth? dunno since I ddint take my car personally to the service dept.....damn...

so is easy to change???I am like a total newbie at these ...
when do u guys change or resurface them .....?like a cuople years??

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was told that once your brake pads wear out you have to replace the rotors with them. But either way, it shouldn't cost $800! You might as well go for a BBK at that price.

·
Suck it easy.............
2,237 Posts
my dealer replaced brake pads and rotors for free under warranty...so not sure why your dealership charged you.....

·
Black and Proud
16,976 Posts
unless Canadian BMW's are under a different maintenance program...

brake pads should be replaced for FREE for 3 years/36,000 miles... however many Km's that turns out to be

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I think they only get 1 year.

·
Registered
491 Posts
XKxRome0ox said:
unless Canadian BMW's are under a different maintenance program...

brake pads should be replaced for FREE for 3 years/36,000 miles... however many Km's that turns out to be
Which was changed to 4years/48k miles after 02.

·
Registered
24 Posts
lilherc79 said:
soudns like u got ripped. under warranty all you need to pay is for the pads, which shouldnt run more than 250 USD. i dont know how much that is in canadian. Labor is covered by warranty.
How can I find out if the service is still under warranty? I have about 40k miles or so and they said that the service is NOT warrantied.. =|

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
sam said:
I was told that once your brake pads wear out you have to replace the rotors with them. But either way, it shouldn't cost $800! You might as well go for a BBK at that price.
mmmmmmm BBK is much much more.........you might as well get the Brembo replacement rotors with pads, over here it comes out to be about 800 U.S $ for that package..........or u could jump in on the group buy for JUST the replacement rotors from Brembo and buy your pads from elsewhere

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've heard that BMW dealers don't "turn" rotors they just replace them passing that cost on to you. Rotors are expensive.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Canadian maintainence program only covers oil changes and inspections. Only the American "Full Maintainence" program covers wear and tear items like wipers and brakes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts