E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my 03 330 and I compared to my friends 01 330ci, his xenon lights have more of a purple effect to them.

Is that why you got the 6000 K's?

Are they much brighter, more purple? as compared to stock xenon?

Where can I get them and how much??

Thanks

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
yes that IS the reason why most 02-03 owner get 6000k, 02-03 has bixenon and for some reason, the output of the xenon is more yellowish than pre 01

6000k is NOT brighter than stock 4300k but the output has a very nice color, do a search, you'll find more info than you need.

www.suvlights.com is by far the cheapest ONLINE... 280 shipped

·
Poor M3 Owner
615 Posts
e46boy said:

that's 9000k... what a waste of money if you ask me :tsk: :tsk:
yeah i think 6000k is enough. im getting mines this week.:D

·
5,532 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:
Here

We both have bi-xenon and we both have a 2002 330ci. But my car has the 6000k bulbs in. Im sure you can tell which car mine is :D

HMMMM... the yellow looking xenon one? :eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :D

·
Banned
613 Posts
HHmmmmmm! Let me guess. The one on the left?:lmao: :lmao: Nice:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
the 6000k's are on the right, the ones on the left are the factory ones...the lower you go its gonna get more purple...you want 9000k? they will be really white Ill show you my 8000k if you want...

·
5,532 Posts
BGReddy00 said:
the 6000k's are on the right, the ones on the left are the factory ones...the lower you go its gonna get more purple...you want 9000k? they will be really white Ill show you my 8000k if you want...
hmm.. no. the higher you go.. the more purplish/blueish it gets

34k is whiter than 60k.. that's the idea...

and anything above 8k is all fake/gimic... do a search.. you'll find the tread about it

·
Registered
642 Posts
I can't believe these pics of the 6000K bulbs, I mean I thought the stock projectors from BMW were very white! But damn! those pics look hot.....price is pretty high for just bulbs though....whole HID kit on ebay are $340...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Are Philips 6000K bulbs have a blue glass case?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts