E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Saw this on Engadget. Looks pretty cool. Personally I'm not sold on electric vehicles, I think hydrogen is the answer. Having said that, I like the ideas that this company has and it will be pretty cool once they get the second generation batteries.

Seems like a cheap solution for an EV in the states. Lucky buggers could buy a 500hp EV for 20k in a few months time!

http://www.viddler.com/v/964be0e9 <--- couldn't get the fkn thing to embed!

Let's see how many replies this takes to spark a debate on EV vs. Hybrid vs. Hydrogen...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I saw this on Engadget too.

Electric cars are so stupid.

100 mile range :rolleyes:. Or "maximum range" of 180 miles with using all the trunk space :facepalm:
Or 50 miles with the A/C on going up hill:lmao:

I think we all need to start using alcohol more. E85 and even E100. Places like Brazil have for 20 years. Talk about being behind the times.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes all electric cars are!

im contemplating doing this to a wrecked e46
Epic loop hole!

Electric cars work if you only ever drive your car short distances. But what happens when you need to go out of your way to get something or need to make a longer trip? You're fk'd. Is it the Karma which has the petrol engine to recharge the batteries? That seems to fix the problem somewhat for those odd occasions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.