E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after doing a 5 speed getrag swap on my 04 330ci I was wondering if I am able to eliminate all the auto trans wire harness connectors from the setup. Specifically can I actually cut out and remove them because I am doing a full wire tuck and since I dont have the auto trans anymore i figured it would be ok. Any input is welcomed

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
You can if you want to. Most people just tuck the auto trans wiring near the transmission and zip-tie it out of the the way. It IS important you unplug the EGS computer completely. I removed mine and just left wires alone - maybe I taped ends so they won't short. I DID re-use some of my auto shifting wiring to wire in the cruise control switch. It was easier to run wires from pedals to shifter than it was from pedals to DME.. The shifter wires already ran to the DME, so I re-used a couple of them.
So after doing a 5 speed getrag swap on my 04 330ci I was wondering if I am able to eliminate all the auto trans wire harness connectors from the setup. Specifically can I actually cut out and remove them because I am doing a full wire tuck and since I dont have the auto trans anymore i figured it would be ok. Any input is welcomed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can if you want to. Most people just tuck the auto trans wiring near the transmission and zip-tie it out of the the way. It IS important you unplug the EGS computer completely. I removed mine and just left wires alone - maybe I taped ends so they won't short. I DID re-use some of my auto shifting wiring to wire in the cruise control switch. It was easier to run wires from pedals to shifter than it was from pedals to DME.. The shifter wires already ran to the DME, so I re-used a couple of them.
thanks for the input! Im just gonna go all out and completely eliminate the auto harness and egs. Im attempting a full wire tuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts